The Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad is it editable

pitkin

The Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad is the route editable from the Trainz store?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm interested in this too. As the author I have the copies of the layouts (one standers gauge, one narrow gauge) that I submitted to N3V. However I don't have a copy of the DLC version. If the DLC is the same as my submission it will be editable. But I don't know if N3V made any alterations to it.

If someone who has the layouts could give us an answer ... .

For those who might be interested in purchasing the layouts I have two threads giving details of the layouts and sessions, here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...er-Kohn-Necktion-Railroad-Model-Trainz-Layout

and here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ion-Narrow-Gauge-Railroad-Model-Trainz-Layout

Phil

Last edited:
... as a regular editor of philskene's layouts, i can confirm that it is editable, as trs19 promised ... in 100240 and in 104480 ... as you can see in this wip ...
grtz
daveric

Innter-Kohn-Necktion---philskene.jpg

Just to clearify some things. All DLC (except locomotives and rolling stock) are editable in TRS19.
What it really is, is an alias of the original route, so the original route is required to use the modified version - so really, you can share your modified version of the route, but the person that's receiving it can't use it unless they too own it.

HTH
Cheers

So, it is editable because it was developed for TRS19, I assume. So to edit it, one would clone it into their ID. Not sure what "alias" means in this context.

Anyway, glad to hear this, as I am interested in buying it.

Last edited:
From what I know you can't edit DLC routes or clone them in TANE. You can create new sessions with limited ability to make some mods on a per session basis.

In TRS19 DLC routes can't be edited directly. You can however clone them (make a copy under your user ID) and the cloned route is editable. It is listed as modified payware or something like that so distribution and use is still restricted. Sessions I believe can be uploaded and used by people that own the DLC route. I'm not sure whether cloned DLC routes can be uploaded and used by people who own the original DLC route.

What you can not do in TRS19 is clone a DLC route and then merge it with any other route freeware or anything. Merging is forbidden. You can only add to it one baseboard at a time.

Bob Pearson

If I may add.... I believe same is true for Port Zyd which I highly recommend. Obtain the payware (only $8 as of date of this post) then you can download (DLS) and run the TRS-19 Port Zyd (4 sessions available also). This gives you quite a bargain as the TRS-19 version is a great improvement.
See this post for Port Zyd

Last edited:
If I may add.... I believe same is true for Port Zyd which I highly recommend. Obtain the payware (only $8 as of date of this post) then you can download (DLS) and run the TRS-19 Port Zyd (4 sessions available also). This gives you quite a bargain as the TRS-19 version is a great improvement.
See this post for Port Zyd

On the Trainz store for the Port Zyd, it says:

Compatible with: TRS19, TANE SP2 & SP3,

So, are there multiple versions in the download?

For TRS19 you download the payware version (Tane) from in game (after purchase of Tane version on store) and once installed you then download the TRS19 version from DLS. Both versions are then available to run in TSR19. But the 19 version won't work without having the purchased Tane version.

Last edited:
You download the payware version (Tane) from in game and once installed you then download the TRS19 version from DLS. Both versions are then available to run in game. But the 19 version won't work without having the Tane version.

Thank you for this information.

Alias is a bad term for the situation with cloned routes as that term is used for reskinned rolling stock. It is more like the clone version has the DLC version as a required dependency.

William

Hi All
For TANE, routes that are built-in or included in DLC packs will not be able to be edited. It will, however, be possible to create and upload sessions for these routes; through sessions you can make a fairly large number of changes but there will still be limitations.

For TRS19, routes that are built-in or included in DLC packs can be cloned and edited (the same as any other route from another person). The cloned route will be an 'alias' (this is a fairly common term to refer to an asset that references another asset, be it a reskin, or referencing a mesh from a mesh-library, or cloning a DLC route), which means that the original DLC pack will need to be installed and active for the cloned route to function. The good thing here is that, generally, it should be permissible to release one of these DLC route clones to the DLS since the original route will need to be installed and active for it to function.

As to the content within the DLC packs. Often DLC packs available for TANE will be the same in TRS19. The only difference will be the included dependencies (due to different built-in content in each version of Trainz). Some DLC packs may, however, install different versions for TANE and TRS19 if the author has created an update for the content for TRS19. :)

Regards

With all due respect, the method of one asset aliasing the mesh of another asset is entirely different than what is going on with cloned payware routes. The cloned route is completely self contained. The dependency is established through the internal copy protection system used by the game to protect all payware assets distributed by N3V. If you examine the config.txt of the cloned route you will find this:

privileges
{
is-payware-content (kuid of the payware route)
}

This is what ties the clone route to the original. The wiki describes the function of this tag as:

is-payware-content

Type: Boolean Desc: Indicates whether the asset is an N3V-distributed payware asset. This is not related to the licensing of the asset, but instead is a technical copy-protection mechanism. Setting this flag causes the game to expect that certain file types within the asset will be in special payware-specific file formats. The setting of this flag must match the actual format of the included files, or the game will be unable to load the files. When this flag is set, the asset is considered payware and requires purchase authorization before the user is able to utilize the asset in-game.

Since this tag expects a boolean parameter and the program writes it out with the text string of the kuid then it appears that in TRS19 it has been modified
for the purpose of allowing the cloning of routes. If you attempt to remove the privileges container from the config.txt and submit the edit CM will hang.
If you wait long enough before killing the submit process the route may show as just modified with the payware status removed but it will not load into the game and
you can not revert it. The only option is to delete the clone.

I suspect this is the same internal process that prevents you from sharing DLC packages with friends. It isn't so much that the payware is installed and active as you are authorized to have it installed and active.

William

Last edited:
Back