Trainz SP1 Beta 104480 (PC) Now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released a patch from Trainz SP1 Beta 104261 to Trainz SP1 Beta 104480 using the TRS19 Beta stream.

Trainz Plus users, please note that if you are on 104261, you can choose to patch to the SP1 beta using the TRS19 Beta stream, or you can patch to the next Trainz Plus beta using "Trainz Plus Beta" stream.

Changelist:
The majority of changes relate to the "Pause" state for Surveyor. We have ensured that as many systems as possible are now "visible" in Surveyor but to see everything working in real-time, you need to be in a Driver session.

• Carz once again move and respawn in Surveyor
  • Game clock now works correctly when running a Quickdrive session
  • Portal setup data now saving correctly
  • JR Semaphores (and others) now show correct state in Surveyor
  • Fixed track is now visible in Surveyor
  • Camera now repositions correctly in Ctrl-M mini-map view in Driver
  • Commodity Loads are now visible in Surveyor
  • Sound now works in Surveyor
  • PFX now work in Surveyor
  • Coronas now correctly show in Surveyor
  • Another attempt to work around an OpenAL bug causing a crash at 64mph
  • Text on destination boards showing correctly
  • Camera repositions correctly when selecting trackmarks in Find object

Once again I've been caught off-guard with a new beta release! Came back from a Trust committee meeting tonight to find this most welcome news.
Takes soooo long these days to back up your current Trainz builds, even when backing up from SSD to SSD. (Gotta stop downloading extra stuff). :confused:

Does the camera PoV still drop precipitously when switching from External view to Free Roaming & vice versa?
Be able to answer that question myself shortly when this backup completes.

Edit Update: Patch completed swiftly with zero issues. All my settings preferences were retained. DBR took 26 seconds.
Need to run trainzutil prebuild again to pre-cache assets - everything takes longer on this first run...

PoV still lurches vertically on camera switch in external views. Bulk commodities now display correctly in Surveyor Edit mode...
Good to see some Wins!

Last edited:
Bogies still not changeable in latest Plus beta 104479.

Bogies are still broken in non-plus too but I think that's a separate issue to do with out of date scripting. In the previous non-plus beta all scripted properties were broken (liveries, lamp codes, destinations, attachments etc.); you could change them in surveyor but they would reset to default after closing surveyor and opening the session again in either driver or surveyor. Fortunately that one is fixed now.

The problem with your bogies is this outdated script:
- <kuid2:122285:508:22> Superscript.GetBogieList> Unsupported in this trainz version (file gs.gs)

An alternate method to change the bogies will be required.

The problem with your bogies is this outdated script:
- <kuid2:122285:508:22> Superscript.GetBogieList> Unsupported in this trainz version (file gs.gs)

An alternate method to change the bogies will be required.

Is it not possible for N3V to update the superscript code library to work in TS19? There are a huge number of assets that rely on it (including built-ins), many by people who are not themselves scriptwriters and it seems impractical to expect them all to to be updated individually with new scripts, especially if they are using other parts of the code library. Alternatively would it be possible for N3V to decrypt the gse files and pass them on to the content repair group (or other content creators) to be fixed? Unfortunately this is complicated by the fact that Andi is no longer with us...

I would think that if a script written by a creator other than N3V is encrypted, then only that creator can remove the encryption - which may defeat the reasons why he/she encrypted it in the first place.

We recognize this is a popular script and will be looking at alternative options/workarounds. Meanwhile perhaps someone can suggest options.

No version of Trainz had GetBogieList in gs.gs. Since TRS2006 there is GetBogeyList in vehicle.gs.

Peter
Peter, I think this method is one Andi wrote himself. gs.gs has definition for gsobject. GetBogieList is a method in a library asset that derives ultimately from gsobject. I suspect that's how the error gets pulled together - gs.gs is highest file searched to resolve the error.

IIRC Paul Cass had a somewhat comical description of difference between bogey and bogie and why Andi's misspelling was probably not accidental.

Bob Pearson

I was looking forward to this recent patch for the sp1 beta build 104480 as "assumed" the majority of animations would now appear unpaused in surveyor. But no, the few that I listed with SP1 previous build are still paused same for many others, ie walking people, animated birds, other animals etc, etc.

May we have the tool in surveyor for pause/unpause put into the SP1 too please? Having this option in surveyor will mean that the animations will still function when needed and do not need to go into Quick Drive each time to check if placement or movement is suitable. I do not work on my route in beta builds, however if the official released SP1 has the paused animations without the method to unpause when needed, it will be disappointing.

Maybe for this sp1 beta version the animations are not corrected to work yet..............?
May we have an explanation why the paused has been added to the SP1 (non trainz plus) please, so we have a better understanding.

I am being a bit like a dog with a bone with this animation topic, but for myself (maybe for others as well.....) this aspect (animated) is important to view when building in surveyor.

The little bit I've tried latest patch the few things I've found a little buggy is if you click on driver icon so where you can see multiple drivers you(I) can't use F5 so were you don't see any info won't work. If you don't have the option to see multiple drivers F5 works fine.

Also when clicking on the eyeball function to go to each driver you might not see the current commands for that driver, but for the last one. Clicking the eyeball again shows the correct command list.

Also just now when exiting driver it CTD, but that might not be a real bug?

Other than that a lot of things have definitely been fixed. At least from the little bit I've messed with it.

So from what I see you all have been heading in the right direction and keep it up!

Thank you,
Dean

Last edited:
Train not stopping at station:

On the Hinton route, and a single clean baseboard route, the train does not stop at the station/depot. I have tried several stations/depots but always the same. Station set as Standard. Waiting passengers 11. Some baggage and mail. 22 passengers preloaded in coach. Tried a 5 second stop at the station but after 5 seconds the train moved on. Testing on the Hinton route exhibited the same events. Plain Load and Unload. Tried Load Passengers - same. The Unload Passengers is not in my copy of the database so could not try that. 1.5 hours later no luck.

Another problem: at 10:00 train1 drives toward a tipple. At 10:01 all of the commands for Train 1 disappear. At 10:01 a second train was started. Altering the start time of the second train also alters the time of the erasure of all of train1 commands. Reported Bug.

Also when clicking on the eyeball function to go to each driver you might not see the current commands for that driver, but for the last one. Clicking the eyeball again shows the correct command list
>>
Unable to reproduce this one. Please provide more information.

Also just now when exiting driver it CTD, but that might not be a real bug?
>>
Definitely a bug. If you can find the steps to reproduce please let us know.

On the Hinton route, and a single clean baseboard route, the train does not stop at the station/depot.
>>
Checking back it appears the "Prince" station has not been working for some time. We're investigating. Other stations tested are working.

On a fresh install of TRS19 104480 my in game download of Rheingold 1962 Part1 does not complete and install (I have faulty items in CM).
The in game message on the download says "Local Disk Error -check disk maybe full", but I am using a new installed 2TB drive with only TRS19 104480 on it????

I have tried deleting cache and re-download but same problem comes up. Is it on my end or N3V's?

On a fresh install of TRS19 104480 my in game download of Rheingold 1962 Part1 does not complete and install (I have faulty items in CM).
The in game message on the download says "Local Disk Error -check disk maybe full", but I am using a new installed 2TB drive with only TRS19 104480 on it????

I have tried deleting cache and re-download but same problem comes up. Is it on my end or N3V's?

The download may load into a cache file on your c:\ prior to being installed. Can you confirm if you have space on that drive. Another option might be the format of the drive (although that should only cause a problem over 2GB or 4GB)

Hi Tony,

I have the TRS19 install on a 2tb drive (nothing else on it).
My C drive has plenty of space and all caches have been cleared on both the C drive & the TRS19 install drive.

Back