Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trainz SP1 Beta 104480 (PC) Now available

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Another problem: at 10:00 train1 drives toward a tipple. At 10:01 all of the commands for Train 1 disappear. At 10:01 a second train was started. Altering the start time of the second train also alters the time of the erasure of all of train1 commands. Reported Bug.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Also when clicking on the eyeball function to go to each driver you might not see the current commands for that driver, but for the last one. Clicking the eyeball again shows the correct command list
    >>
    Unable to reproduce this one. Please provide more information.

Also just now when exiting driver it CTD, but that might not be a real bug?
    >>
    Definitely a bug. If you can find the steps to reproduce please let us know.

On the Hinton route, and a single clean baseboard route, the train does not stop at the station/depot.
    >>
    Checking back it appears the "Prince" station has not been working for some time. We're investigating. Other stations tested are working.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

On a fresh install of TRS19 104480 my in game download of Rheingold 1962 Part1 does not complete and install (I have faulty items in CM).
    The in game message on the download says "Local Disk Error -check disk maybe full", but I am using a new installed 2TB drive with only TRS19 104480 on it????

I have tried deleting cache and re-download but same problem comes up. Is it on my end or N3V's?
    butler57

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    On a fresh install of TRS19 104480 my in game download of Rheingold 1962 Part1 does not complete and install (I have faulty items in CM).
    The in game message on the download says "Local Disk Error -check disk maybe full", but I am using a new installed 2TB drive with only TRS19 104480 on it????

I have tried deleting cache and re-download but same problem comes up. Is it on my end or N3V's?
    The download may load into a cache file on your c:\ prior to being installed. Can you confirm if you have space on that drive. Another option might be the format of the drive (although that should only cause a problem over 2GB or 4GB)
    Tony Hilliam

Hi Tony,

I have the TRS19 install on a 2tb drive (nothing else on it).
    My C drive has plenty of space and all caches have been cleared on both the C drive & the TRS19 install drive.
    butler57

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    Hi Tony,

I have the TRS19 install on a 2tb drive (nothing else on it).
    My C drive has plenty of space and all caches have been cleared on both the C drive & the TRS19 install drive.
    Outside of possibly losing network connection on a download causing some corruption, this could be a hardware issue. I recommend running Hard Drive Sentinel and give the drive a check. If it comes up red, you may have some failing hardware. I just ran into that a short time ago myself.

www.hdsentinel.com

The free download will do what you need.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Report on erasure of commands to second train:

I failed to mention that I am using the TIMECHECK rule:

Also, if I start 2 trains at 10:00, both using time-check, the second train specified in the rule list has its commands erased.

FIXED: Had to clear all the check-mark options on the Driver Setup page. No further problems to-date.
    Last edited by boleyd; November 26th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Thanks Tony & JCitron for your comments and suggestions - I relocated the database file and re-downloaded files from My Content it seems to have fixed the problem.
    butler57

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but pressing M on keyboard for map view and then pressing M again it went back to regular view but with transparent overlay of map still visible? Thought if I took snapshot I would be able to show, but screenshot doesn't show it.

Again these are just things that have happened to me.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but I really don't have interest or knowledge to record everything I've noticed. These are just my observations for what they're worth? I just want to work on a route or run a few trains now and then.

Thanks,
    Dean

I've just installed the beta update 104480 and I can confirm that the camera does not function correctly as above in Lineside view after pressing M.

On a different route I got this..

A solid overlay on a ghosted lineside view.

Also, hiding the UNDO function in a menu is a negative move for a route builder.

On a positive note, this version runs extremely smoothly and the glare from the tutnout lever arrows has gone

I'll continue with some route building.
    Last edited by euromodeller; December 5th, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

Undo = Ctrl Z pretty much common for most programs, after the initial annoyance of apparently being hidden got used to using it now in TRS19.
    Malc

I've just installed the beta update 104480 and I can confirm that the camera does not function correctly as above in Lineside view after pressing M.

Thanks for that one - reproduced here (under certain conditions).
    Tony Hilliam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danddhud View Post
    Don't know if anyone else has seen this but pressing M on keyboard for map view and then pressing M again it went back to regular view but with transparent overlay of map still visible?
    Just tried this on several routes, both mine and from the DLS, and was unable to reproduce it.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (beta) 102323

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Undo = Ctrl Z pretty much common for most programs, after the initial annoyance of apparently being hidden got used to using it now in TRS19.

Thanks Malc, I already have undo on a kb hot key, but why make changes to the toolbar that ruin what worked perfectly.

The new toolbar now has 7 menus, previously it had 2.
    Hidden in the menus are what I consider to be essential for route buliding workflow....

Quick Drive (For testing what you've just made/changed)
    Search Filter (for pick lists)
    Wire Frame (used for alignments when your grid is textured over)
    Undo/redo (to quickly make changes)

All of the above are hidden in the menus, trying to remember what is in each menu and then having to go from mouse to keyboard to take action to me is a retro step.
    This may seem trivial but to a serial route builder it is a right pain!

I updated my main install from 100240 today and have spent 4+ hours route building just to test this beta, I've not been route building for a while and I can see that TRS19 has definitely improved*, but not the toolbar, why change something that was quick and easy to use?
    I'll bring in my favourite German word here....Schlimmbesserung.

*Well done N3V/Tony
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

I've assigned F8 for the search filter.
    Malc