Trainz SP1 Beta 104480 (PC) Now available

Hi Tony,

I have the TRS19 install on a 2tb drive (nothing else on it).
My C drive has plenty of space and all caches have been cleared on both the C drive & the TRS19 install drive.

Outside of possibly losing network connection on a download causing some corruption, this could be a hardware issue. I recommend running Hard Drive Sentinel and give the drive a check. If it comes up red, you may have some failing hardware. I just ran into that a short time ago myself.

www.hdsentinel.com

The free download will do what you need.

Report on erasure of commands to second train:

I failed to mention that I am using the TIMECHECK rule:

Also, if I start 2 trains at 10:00, both using time-check, the second train specified in the rule list has its commands erased.

FIXED: Had to clear all the check-mark options on the Driver Setup page. No further problems to-date.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony & JCitron for your comments and suggestions - I relocated the database file and re-downloaded files from My Content it seems to have fixed the problem.

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but pressing M on keyboard for map view and then pressing M again it went back to regular view but with transparent overlay of map still visible? Thought if I took snapshot I would be able to show, but screenshot doesn't show it.

Again these are just things that have happened to me.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, but I really don't have interest or knowledge to record everything I've noticed. These are just my observations for what they're worth? I just want to work on a route or run a few trains now and then.

Thanks,
Dean

I've just installed the beta update 104480 and I can confirm that the camera does not function correctly as above in Lineside view after pressing M.

Camera-Fault.jpg

On a different route I got this..

A solid overlay on a ghosted lineside view.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Also, hiding the UNDO function in a menu is a negative move for a route builder.

On a positive note, this version runs extremely smoothly and the glare from the tutnout lever arrows has gone :)

I'll continue with some route building.

Last edited:
Undo = Ctrl Z pretty much common for most programs, after the initial annoyance of apparently being hidden got used to using it now in TRS19.

I've just installed the beta update 104480 and I can confirm that the camera does not function correctly as above in Lineside view after pressing M.

Thanks for that one - reproduced here (under certain conditions).

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but pressing M on keyboard for map view and then pressing M again it went back to regular view but with transparent overlay of map still visible?

Just tried this on several routes, both mine and from the DLS, and was unable to reproduce it.

Undo = Ctrl Z pretty much common for most programs, after the initial annoyance of apparently being hidden got used to using it now in TRS19.

Thanks Malc, I already have undo on a kb hot key, but why make changes to the toolbar that ruin what worked perfectly.

The new toolbar now has 7 menus, previously it had 2.
Hidden in the menus are what I consider to be essential for route buliding workflow....

Quick Drive (For testing what you've just made/changed)
Search Filter (for pick lists)
Wire Frame (used for alignments when your grid is textured over)
Undo/redo (to quickly make changes)

All of the above are hidden in the menus, trying to remember what is in each menu and then having to go from mouse to keyboard to take action to me is a retro step.
This may seem trivial but to a serial route builder it is a right pain!

I updated my main install from 100240 today and have spent 4+ hours route building just to test this beta, I've not been route building for a while and I can see that TRS19 has definitely improved*, but not the toolbar, why change something that was quick and easy to use?
I'll bring in my favourite German word here....Schlimmbesserung.

*Well done N3V/Tony

I have a bank of 6 'special' keys on my old MS Sidewinder keyboard and you can assign 3 different sets of functions to them, I have a set for office office/graphics useage, I suppose I'll have to assign a set to Trainz functions, I can't see N3V reversing the toolbar to the way it was.

The keys are on the left of the KB though, being a left-handed user of a mouse means releasing the mouse to use them, but it does mean that using the arrow keys and numpad easily is a bonus.

Still a pain though!

Hi Tony,

i finally was able update to TRS19 build 104480, i downloaded packages C&O Hintion Division & Milwaukee Avery-Drexel, some of the assets Deps for those two routes are still labled as installed payware, In TRS19, you can edit and update all the built-in and "DLC" routes and sessions.
http://trs19.trainzportal.com/

clearly we connot edit all update all the built-in and "DLC" routes and sessions in TRS19 bit misleading
Andrew

Routes and sessions are editable. Not all payware assets are editable. Does that clarify things?

Content updates are on the way that make some
items that were unintentionally marked as payware back to builtin status.

No it does not clear things up "it clearly says In TRS19, you can edit and update all the built-in and "DLC" routes and sessions". Content Creators are clearly unhappy N3V games are using content from some third party websites and including as installed payware.

I have only 4 items from eastcoasttrainz in my TRS19 install.

<kuid:336419:800003> 40' Trailer - Dixie Ohio Express
<kuid:336419:800005> 40' Trailer - Interstate System Trucking
<kuid:336419:800004> 40' Trailer - Norfolk and Western
<kuid:336419:1017> Chesapeake and Ohio No Thoroughfare Sign

The first 3 are dependents of Coal Country - which is installed DLC payware
The last is a dependent of C&O Hilton - again installed DLC payware.

None of these are on the DLS or built-in, they were installed with the routes mentioned above.

Some clarification needed please:

You are claiming that they were copied from a 3rd party web site? Possibly illegally. If so which site?

Do you know for a fact that eastcoasttrainz has complained about the use of his/her assets? My point is that there have been many claims of copyright violation made by users who are not the creators of the assets and some of these claims turn out to be unfounded - the original creator had given permission. I am not saying that you are wrong but if you are going to make such claims then backup is needed - not just the general statement "Content creators are unhappy etc"

The issue of some assets being incorrectly labelled "payware" when they are not has been addressed by Tony.

I have only 4 items from eastcoasttrainz in my TRS19 install.

<kuid:336419:800003> 40' Trailer - Dixie Ohio Express
<kuid:336419:800005> 40' Trailer - Interstate System Trucking
<kuid:336419:800004> 40' Trailer - Norfolk and Western
<kuid:336419:1017> Chesapeake and Ohio No Thoroughfare Sign

The first 3 are dependents of Coal Country - which is installed DLC payware
The last is a dependent of C&O Hilton - again installed DLC payware.

None of these are on the DLS or built-in, they were installed with the routes mentioned above.

Some clarification needed please:

You are claiming that they were copied from a 3rd party web site? Possibly illegally. If so which site?

Do you know for a fact that eastcoasttrainz has complained about the use of his/her assets? My point is that there have been many claims of copyright violation made by users who are not the creators of the assets and some of these claims turn out to be unfounded - the original creator had given permission. I am not saying that you are wrong but if you are going to make such claims then backup is needed - not just the general statement "Content creators are unhappy etc"

The issue of some assets being incorrectly labelled "payware" when they are not has been addressed by Tony.

Not this again.....
Came up a long time ago in 2017, item which included no payware or DLS in the licence used from a third party site by a Payware creator without permission.

All parties, Route Creator, N3V (Tony), the site it was hosted on and an angry asset creator were aware of the problem, no need to start raising the issue yet again. An error by the routes creator that should have been dealt with by those involved.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm this issue?

I had been reported from one of the purchasers of Midwestern Branch within my support thread.
When the game is set in Spanish, it causes the entire navigation icon system to show up as blank for all of the sessions that uses it.
It doesn't appear to be fixing itself when reverting back to English....

z6oHfzA.jpg

This happened in 104480

Cheers

Ok - nothing to do with Spanish. The issue is the rule fix (that solves other bugs) versus which build you have installed. We'll sort it out asap.

Last edited:
Back