Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 104479 now available

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Stagecoach. We haven't had other reports of this so we'll need more information.

Is this happening with all routes/sessions? Which layer are the TMs in? Can you reproduce the issue using a test route?
    Sent as a bug report and got this back.

Hi Stagecoach - Thank you for contacting QA. When we first attempted to reproduce this only "<kuid2:61392:2003:2> CoupleAtTrackMarkList" installed properly for us. These...
    <kuid2:61392:7004:23> DriveToTrackmarkList v2 (SP2 and later)
    <kuid2:61392:7001:23> NavigateToTrackmarkList v2 (SP2 and later)
    ...reported this:
    ; <kuid2:61392:4053:18> Unable to download asset <kuid2:61392:4053:18>. File not available on server.

During a later attempt that did not occur, as though someone was updating the asset on the server or there was a comms hiccup (?)

<kuid2:61392:4053:16> when searched for asset versions did not show 17/18 versions nor did it show obsolete or new version available. I did delete my version and then clicked to download it again and 17/18 versions appeared on my install but as unknown asset. A repeat did then bring up 18 version as installed third party.

Hi Stagecoach.

Asset <kuid2:61392:4053:xxx> is NamedObjects Library asset, which is currently being upgraded on DLS from version 16 <kuid2:61392:4053:16> to version 18 <kuid2:61392:4053:18> and the new version should be available in the next 24 hours …
    Usually during this upgrade period, the new version is however available for download for everyone with the status : Third party asset , but … from your post it seems it is not currently the case. All we can hope is that everything will be restablish correctly this evening (the start of the 24 hours delay was yesterday 19:00 pm common european time).

This should solve the avaibility problem for the NamedObject library <kuid2:61392:4053:18>

It will not solve the problems identified with DriveToTrackMarkList <kuid2:61392:7004:23> and NavigateToTrackMarkList <kuid2:61392:7001:23> which have been partly broken by the last TRS2019 upgrade. Currently, these commands needs under surveyor to display correctly the trackmark list selection that Trainz is not in paused state. The change made by N3V that now under TRS2019, surveyor is always in paused state has broken quite a lot of rules and driver commands that relied on surveyor not being in paused state and DriveToTrackMarkList and NavigateToTrackmarkList are some of these impacted driver commands.
    I am currently working on how to fix the problem, but it is not very simple as it is not a bug but a change brought by N3V on the script context under surveyor, and fixing the problem needs most probably some heavy script code change in DriveToTrackMarkList and NavigateTotrackMarkList to update the underlying commands logic and may be also the naming convention used for trackmark list. I can only regret that N3V brings such important and heavy impact modifications to Trainz without announcing it a few months before to let scripters find a solution before having their assets partly broken.

Currently, the only solution to make these commands work again is under TRS19 plus surveyor to unpause surveyor mode for the time needed to select the trackmark list for these commands. For TRS19 standard that cannot unpause surveyor, I have currently no solution …

Sorry to be unable to give you for the moment a target date to the fix, as I have not already found a bypass method for the recent change made by N3V to TRS19 surveyor.

Hope this helps understanding the problem.
    Regards.
    Pierre.
    Last edited by pguy; November 26th, 2019 at 10:26 AM.

Many thanks Pierre I do have the update and is now working again. It was after the upgrade when I imported my route from 100464 to 104479 and found them missing that I reported it.

Sebino Lake route:

HPL - thanks for the report.

What KUID is your Sebino route? Checking here all the tunnels are fine (Although that section of the route indicates the town is called Vello. I don't see a Vasquez? )

I am checking <kuid2:57230:100074:13> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)

Is this track breakage evident in both the sessions and the route?
    Is your route Status "Modified" or "Payware"?
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Odd: the issue is gone today!

What KUID is your Sebino route?
    • <kuid2:57230:100074:13>

Checking here all the tunnels are fine (Although that section of the route indicates the town is called Vello. I don't see a Vasquez? )
    • Tunnel just leaving Vello (driving North). Vasquez is the driver's name.

I am checking <kuid2:57230:100074:13> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)
    • Me too!

Is this track breakage evident in both the sessions and the route?
    • Can't answer as the issue no more exists (for now)!

Is your route Status "Modified" or "Payware"?
    • "Installed, Payware".

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Got an assertion error when merging 2 routes. This occurred when sorting out the two layers before the OK button is available. I attempted 4 times to pass the error, but ended up ignoring and continuing. The routes then merged correctly anyway.

Attached Images Attached Images
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Odd: the issue is gone today!
    That's both good and bad news. Good news the problem not there, but bad news that it may return intermittently

Vasquez is the driver's name.
    Aha, no wonder I couldn't find the name.

Got an assertion error when merging 2 routes.

If you're able to reproduce this, please submit a bug report.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

<kuid2:122860:101424:11> TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail is suddenly "Installed, Payware (not active)".

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    <kuid2:122860:101424:11> TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail is suddenly "Installed, Payware (not active)".
    I think it expired. It was only a test for a couple of weeks.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

"Installed, Payware" today...

Today the "Content Store" button on the launcher is flashing yellow. What does it mean? I don't see any new stuff available...

There was a new Update listed for the RZD traincars (use the Updates icon to show a shorter list). After updating, including an error regarding Pre-cache data which was fixed quickly with a Retry, the Content Store returned to white and there were new versions of the Trains installed.

To N3V: I would suggest using a primary sort for the Content List on Install/Uninstall/Update and then a secondary sort by date. The current list format makes it very difficult for Gold Subscribers to find new "Install" items in a sea of Uninstalls.
    Last edited by PharmboyNorth; Today at 08:47 AM.

Thanks! I agree with your suggestion to N3V...