Trainz Plus Beta 104479 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released another update from Trainz Plus Beta 104425 to Trainz Plus Beta 104479.

We've also released a patch from Trainz SP1 Beta 104261 to Trainz Plus Beta 104425 for those of you who patched using the "TRS19 Beta" stream. (For Gold and Trainz Plus members only - the SP1 update is coming out soon).

There will be a new DLC content set later in the week which should address the errors reported in downloading using Content Store.

Changelist:

• Save Session in Driver now correctly saves all the session data
  • Saved session now shows nav points correctly on reload
  • Fixed - Duplicate Nav point script errors after "Restart All Rules"
  • Fixed a Nav Display issue when camera moves toward it in roaming mode
  • Fixed a driver list assertion
  • Fixed a script error on loading saved session

Last edited:
Update went fine. Will test tomorrow.

The updates are coming fast and furious. Thanks to the team for the work in hunting down and fixing all those bugs.

Tony,
i installed few hours ago and tested little bit a sission all went fine.
Most new versions all installed well without a hitch.
More testing tomorrow

The patch was successful and the database rebuild was automatic. I ran a prebuild to get the precaching out of the way and then ran a session on the Beavermouth to Ottertail route and ran into a possible bug.
In windowed mode, I paused the session using the P key and minimised the game to the taskbar (trainz no longer visible)
Maximise the game to windowed mode and the P key will not unpause, although selecting pause in the edit menu will resume.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I use windows mode too and just tried once more do the P pause thing,than min the window,than max window.....here comes the little trick that works for me as it is a windowed application running even though you max it you need to click inside the window than pause should work.(it does for me).
If i not click the mouse inside the active window it does know yet what you want to do.
Hope this helps,
Happy trainzing and hope you like the route.
Roy

RE: Your change list item #4 -
  • Fixed a Nav Display issue when camera moves toward it in roaming mode

A quick check does indicate here that it is fixed.

Trackmarklist is missing TM's again. Shows as none available even though it did in earlier versions.

The drive/nav to trackmark list shows no available TM's when selected in the driver command insertion bar. Driver commands that check for the trackmark list come up blank.

Two captured Assertion errors. The third caused a CTD.

1) When using the copy/paste tools.

attachment.php

2) Appeared when laying track. After this one, another assertion error occurred with something else and then a CTD occurred too quickly when I continued past. I didn't catch that one, sorry, and I can't repeat it. I think it had something to do with world location, or something like that.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 218
  • Laying Track.JPG
    Laying Track.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 218
Hi John. There were some fixes today related to copy/paste, but these are new assertions. If you're able to reproduce the exact steps that would really help.

Stagecoach. We haven't had other reports of this so we'll need more information.

Is this happening with all routes/sessions? Which layer are the TMs in? Can you reproduce the issue using a test route?

It was simple select and area, copy, and paste.

I also had this one, which I forgot to post last night before bedtime.

attachment.php

This was a simple rotate around after placing some assets so I could get another view of what I was doing. I believe it was after this that the CTD occurred.

Attachments

• Rotating around after placing asset.jpg
    Rotating around after placing asset.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 196
Stagecoach. We haven't had other reports of this so we'll need more information.

Is this happening with all routes/sessions? Which layer are the TMs in? Can you reproduce the issue using a test route?
Sent as a bug report and got this back.

Hi Stagecoach - Thank you for contacting QA. When we first attempted to reproduce this only "<kuid2:61392:2003:2> CoupleAtTrackMarkList" installed properly for us. These...
<kuid2:61392:7004:23> DriveToTrackmarkList v2 (SP2 and later)
<kuid2:61392:7001:23> NavigateToTrackmarkList v2 (SP2 and later)
...reported this:
; <kuid2:61392:4053:18> Unable to download asset <kuid2:61392:4053:18>. File not available on server.

During a later attempt that did not occur, as though someone was updating the asset on the server or there was a comms hiccup (?)

<kuid2:61392:4053:16> when searched for asset versions did not show 17/18 versions nor did it show obsolete or new version available. I did delete my version and then clicked to download it again and 17/18 versions appeared on my install but as unknown asset. A repeat did then bring up 18 version as installed third party.

Hi Stagecoach.

Asset <kuid2:61392:4053:xxx> is NamedObjects Library asset, which is currently being upgraded on DLS from version 16 <kuid2:61392:4053:16> to version 18 <kuid2:61392:4053:18> and the new version should be available in the next 24 hours …
Usually during this upgrade period, the new version is however available for download for everyone with the status : Third party asset , but … from your post it seems it is not currently the case. All we can hope is that everything will be restablish correctly this evening (the start of the 24 hours delay was yesterday 19:00 pm common european time).

This should solve the avaibility problem for the NamedObject library <kuid2:61392:4053:18>

It will not solve the problems identified with DriveToTrackMarkList <kuid2:61392:7004:23> and NavigateToTrackMarkList <kuid2:61392:7001:23> which have been partly broken by the last TRS2019 upgrade. Currently, these commands needs under surveyor to display correctly the trackmark list selection that Trainz is not in paused state. The change made by N3V that now under TRS2019, surveyor is always in paused state has broken quite a lot of rules and driver commands that relied on surveyor not being in paused state and DriveToTrackMarkList and NavigateToTrackmarkList are some of these impacted driver commands.
I am currently working on how to fix the problem, but it is not very simple as it is not a bug but a change brought by N3V on the script context under surveyor, and fixing the problem needs most probably some heavy script code change in DriveToTrackMarkList and NavigateTotrackMarkList to update the underlying commands logic and may be also the naming convention used for trackmark list. I can only regret that N3V brings such important and heavy impact modifications to Trainz without announcing it a few months before to let scripters find a solution before having their assets partly broken.

Currently, the only solution to make these commands work again is under TRS19 plus surveyor to unpause surveyor mode for the time needed to select the trackmark list for these commands. For TRS19 standard that cannot unpause surveyor, I have currently no solution …

Sorry to be unable to give you for the moment a target date to the fix, as I have not already found a bypass method for the recent change made by N3V to TRS19 surveyor.

Hope this helps understanding the problem.
Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Many thanks Pierre I do have the update and is now working again. It was after the upgrade when I imported my route from 100464 to 104479 and found them missing that I reported it.

HPL - thanks for the report.

What KUID is your Sebino route? Checking here all the tunnels are fine (Although that section of the route indicates the town is called Vello. I don't see a Vasquez? )

I am checking <kuid2:57230:100074:13> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)

Is this track breakage evident in both the sessions and the route?
Is your route Status "Modified" or "Payware"?

Back