.
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Glitch with committing assets

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,126
     

    Default Glitch with committing assets

    A few assets I have come up as installed but not active. When I try to fix this and commit in TANE, I get this message:

    - <kuid2:124017:27007:1> Not authorised to submit changes to asset <kuid2:124017:27007:1>
    But that's not true at all, THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL! I added in a privileges section and put in permit-commit and permit-edit so I AM authorized to submit the changes! Some freight cars rely on these asset so I've no time for such nonsense! If anybody knows how to fix this glitch please let me know as soon as you can and thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    25,850
     

    Default

    Is this built-in or payware?

    If so, you can't even if you add or change the privileges container.

    This is also a glitch that occurred from time to time in T:ANE.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,126
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Is this built-in or payware?

    If so, you can't even if you add or change the privileges container.

    This is also a glitch that occurred from time to time in T:ANE.
    Trouble is the asset isn't actually payware: it's listed on the DLS yet comes up as payware in the TANE Content Manager

    EDIT: I could use help with fixing that sort of thing, especially the message payware not active: all solutions I found to that problem didn't help

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    25,850
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hholdenaz View Post
    Trouble is the asset isn't actually payware: it's listed on the DLS yet comes up as payware in the TANE Content Manager

    EDIT: I could use help with fixing that sort of thing, especially the message payware not active: all solutions I found to that problem didn't help
    There's a solution...

    Once the asset has been installed from the DLS, it'll be marked as obsolete due to the built-in/payware asset.

    To get around this, you need to do some surgery.

    Find the obsoleted asset that you just downloaded.
    Open the asset for editing.
    Copy the folder elsewhere for back up by finding the opened asset's folder in Explorer.
    Edit the config.txt file and up-version the asset.
    In Content Manager, choose File and Import Content folder...

    This up-versioned asset will obsolete the built-in one.

    You can now use the one you downloaded and reference anything you need to.

    The alternative is to repeat the above, but use your own KUID number. Be careful here so that you don't conflict with something else. I sort on my own Kuid and then sort by KUID number in ascending order so I can see the highest number at the bottom of the list. I then choose a number that would be the next highest.

    The payware not-active thing is a pain. I close it all down, go to where my content is installed, (TANE_DATA and TRS19_DATA for that version), and delete all the packages. I then run a database repair at the Launcher and redownload all the content again.

    Hope this helps.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •