Glitch with committing assets

hholdenaz

A few assets I have come up as installed but not active. When I try to fix this and commit in TANE, I get this message:

- <kuid2:124017:27007:1> Not authorised to submit changes to asset <kuid2:124017:27007:1>

But that's not true at all, THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL! I added in a privileges section and put in permit-commit and permit-edit so I AM authorized to submit the changes! Some freight cars rely on these asset so I've no time for such nonsense! If anybody knows how to fix this glitch please let me know as soon as you can and thank you in advance.

Is this built-in or payware?

If so, you can't even if you add or change the privileges container.

This is also a glitch that occurred from time to time in T:ANE.

Is this built-in or payware?

If so, you can't even if you add or change the privileges container.

This is also a glitch that occurred from time to time in T:ANE.

Trouble is the asset isn't actually payware: it's listed on the DLS yet comes up as payware in the TANE Content Manager

EDIT: I could use help with fixing that sort of thing, especially the message payware not active: all solutions I found to that problem didn't help

Trouble is the asset isn't actually payware: it's listed on the DLS yet comes up as payware in the TANE Content Manager

EDIT: I could use help with fixing that sort of thing, especially the message payware not active: all solutions I found to that problem didn't help

There's a solution...

Once the asset has been installed from the DLS, it'll be marked as obsolete due to the built-in/payware asset.

To get around this, you need to do some surgery.

Find the obsoleted asset that you just downloaded.
Open the asset for editing.
Copy the folder elsewhere for back up by finding the opened asset's folder in Explorer.
Edit the config.txt file and up-version the asset.
In Content Manager, choose File and Import Content folder...

This up-versioned asset will obsolete the built-in one.

You can now use the one you downloaded and reference anything you need to.

The alternative is to repeat the above, but use your own KUID number. Be careful here so that you don't conflict with something else. I sort on my own Kuid and then sort by KUID number in ascending order so I can see the highest number at the bottom of the list. I then choose a number that would be the next highest.

The payware not-active thing is a pain. I close it all down, go to where my content is installed, (TANE_DATA and TRS19_DATA for that version), and delete all the packages. I then run a database repair at the Launcher and redownload all the content again.

Hope this helps.

Back