Auto drive command

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I have been using the Autodrive command for a long time. I use it on several routes in TR2019.

i have found an interesting issue. I enjoy the UMR route by Neil Smith (available on the DLS). Autodrive does not seem to work on his routes. When you try to add it to the AI commands line it greys out and cannot be activated. In most routes when you select Autodrive you are presented a list of trackmarks to select from.

It seems like UMR has more trackmarks on the route then Autodrive can handle, so it just shuts down.

Any thoughts or suggestion?

I have used a lot of AI commands like Auto Pilot, Just Drive, Drive, etc, etc, etc ...

But I have all my crossovers, and yard turnouts locked, with track directional markers pointing towards oncoming AI trains, so they can not invent their own devised "shortest route" by their own choice. My AI trains can run for hundreds of miles without throwing a turnout lever. I also employ BNSF50 Invisible Track, overlaid independently right over top of my real track, to help guide my trains to special trackmarker industries.

There is another thread in the forum dealing with a similar issue for the WaitForTrigger driver command (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155454-Wait-for-Trigger-command-issue). I just ran some tests on a test layout with 150 triggers and was not able to reproduce the problem - so if there is a related issue then something more complex is the culprit.

That's how my Autodrive command looks, but only on the UMR route. This route has very few consists, but hundreds of trackmarks. The route probably has 10 times as many trackmarks as any of my own routes, in which autodrive works correctly.

Hence my question about Autodrive having a problem after a certain number of trackmarks has been reached. It may be a timeout issue, but I have no way of determining this.

I am running build 104479, but the problem existed on earlier builds also.

I had the same issue on another large route - Paddington-Westbury, and suspected some kind of timeout issue when trying to load the command. Fortunately, I was able to use pguy's various AutoDrive commands (such as AutoDrivetoMCPathStop). However, these involve the use of Enhanced Interlocking Towers and Mission Codes, so may not be suitable for your application.

John

Back