[Search] Armored / Military rolling stock

TheFirm_

Hey everyone ! I'm a great fan of WW2 and WW1, and I want some downloadable rolling stocks for Trainz ! I visited MilitaryTrainz website, I love his models.. But I cant drive them (scenery). I dont know anything about modeling, or I forgot a lot. If you have links to download these military rolling stock, then thank you a lot ! I've already downloaded Pz train in trainz DLS and Steyr armored car, but I need something with more details, or something else. Thanks ! :wave:

- Baptiste

For your own use you can take something drive-able and then copy in the scenery object im and texture files and play with the config.txt file.

Cheerio John

johnwhelan - thanks for helping ! I havnt thought about that, but it can work. The only thing I still dont know is how to open these im files to modify them... But I dont think it's possible... Thanks a lot !
HPL - Militarytrainz.com dont have any drivable or rolling material. It's only scenery, that's the website I mentioned. Thanks for the other links :D

It is possible to turn Jean-Guy's (militarytrainz) scenery assets into commodity assets for loading onto railcars. I discus how to do this here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?83836-Military-Tainz&p=1774667#post1774667 No need to modifiy IM files, you just edit the config.txt files. ;)

There are plenty of WWI and WWII era rolling stock for just about every country although it may take some hunting. It helps to do a bit of research prior to looking for the assets in trainz. I certainly did not know that if I wanted a German flatcar to carry Panzer IVs I would need to find ssys and ssyms but I eventually found those designations by searching the web and then used them in the Command Manager. This lead me to examine everything that author=gerd made and now I have a pretty good selection of DR rolling stock.

Have fun! :D

johnwhelan - thanks for helping ! I havnt thought about that, but it can work. The only thing I still dont know is how to open these im files to modify them... But I dont think it's possible... Thanks a lot !
HPL - Militarytrainz.com dont have any drivable or rolling material. It's only scenery, that's the website I mentioned. Thanks for the other links :D

What exactly are you trying to do? Norm's instructions will give you loadable products but it is possible to turn one of the tanks etc into a locomotive. Lay your invisible track then let it roll. The .im file is the mesh as Norm says it is the config.txt file that does the work. Somewhere there is something that does the work for you. It's a mesh with the attachment points you need to add for the invisible bogies a.limfront and a.limback etc. you just drop in the mesh and texture files.

Cheerio John

There is no need to edit the im file. You can't do that directly either because they are binary data files anyway and no regular editor can open them. This is done in Content Manager by cloning and editing the config.txt file found in the asset folder.

Thank you all, if you have more links or downloadable content, please post ! I don't think I'm the only one to search this type of content, make this topic live !

Back