New Error In Content Manager

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Working on a model railway route, I opened the config file to edit out the extra digit in the 600014 asset (should be 60014 but Basemapz generates it wrong), on attempting to submit the edit the process failed with the following error:

<kuid2:30024:20893:1> TrainzLockNativeFileSystem> resumable lock timeout: d:/trs19/local/hash-f1/kuid2 30024 20893 1.tzarc
<kuid2:30024:20893:1> Unable to lock dest path 'D:/TRS19/local/hash-F1/kuid2 30024 20893 1.tzarc'
<kuid2:30024:20893:1> Failed to submit changes to asset <kuid2:30024:20893:1> due to file access error

I've checked the editing folder is set to read/write but otherwise the message gives no clue how to solve the issue. Only reference I can find on the forum is in the gold members area re beta version; I'm running 100240. Have done this edit before in 100240 and never seen this error.

Suggestions, please?

Edit: Solved - needed to run Trainz icon as Administrator.

Further update - the error is still present. When I went to open the route in Surveyor, the faulty icon back on the thumbnail.

Running as administrator, open the config, edit the error and save then unable to submit as above.

Answers on a postcard, please!

Either open for edit open the resave the config or open a tga and save then commit sometimes works or if that fails, a reboot usually clears the locked file issue for me. I've had it in TS12, TANE and TRS19 not very often though, don't think it's asset specific although seems to occur with assets that have large image files, in my case usually after I've edited it.

Thanks Malc. Actually a database rebuild seemed to shift it, so all good again. More on the route/layout later in a specific thread, as I still have some clearance issues to resolve where the plan doesn't quite work where one track crosses another - even expanded by 20%.

Well knock me down with a feather, went to open the route this morning and the error had returned (60014 back to 600014). Same fault then occurred trying to fix it. Cut my losses and deleted it, will now work on a free form version (probably better for the heights and clearances anyway).

Back