TRS2019 European elctrified Route/layout request

Railhead001

Greetings,

I own the European edition of TRS2019 which includes the German and Italian routes, with forethought (heavy sarcasm) it seems both the quick drive routes are for unelectrified routes...……...but if you play the session you get the Catenary lines...……..anyway can someone recommend any freeware or payware European routes wth the overhead lines so I can use the majority of my electrified locos ? Don't get me wrong, both routes are gorgeous and if I could convert them to being electrified I would. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking for German, Swiss or Italian routes/layouts.

Thanks,

RH001

Something to try:
Edit one of the builtin sessions, remove the rules, replace the rolling stock, save as your own session (with lines).
I think they are also on a layer so you might just be able to turn the layer on in the route?

Something to try:
Edit one of the builtin sessions, remove the rules, replace the rolling stock, save as your own session (with lines).
I think they are also on a layer so you might just be able to turn the layer on in the route?

I can give it shot at least, thanks for the suggestion.

Hello RH001

Greetings,

..……..anyway can someone recommend any freeware or payware European routes wth the overhead lines so I can use the majority of my electrified locos ? .....

RH001

Yes, if you want a fictional route but Spanish based landscape you can download it from my site.

https://web.lunman3d.es

Into "Descargas" option (Downloads) menu you will be find into de "Trainz - Rutas, Módulos y Sesiones" the route "Ruta Lunman3D Ficticia" all electrified with our catenary sistem

You must donwload a lot of our objects like "Catenaria AVE (Serie azul)" AVE Catenary (blue series) from the original High speed Spanish catenary system.
From "Trainz - Miscelanea" Miscelaneous objects the "Marcas Viarias" tracks marcks catenary system.
From "Trainz - Objectos Escenario" Scenery objects a lot of material.

Into the route donwload page, there are one txt file with all non DLS objects.

All the routes, sessions and objects made for TRS2010 version but works fine into TANE and TS19, Some may have to be fixed, but they are easy to modify.

You know, if you need help for find missing kuids, let me know.

Best Regards

Manuel

There's also a German route on the DLS called Die Niedergrundbahn Herbst TANE Version 3.0 (<kuid:143919:100694>) with both OHLE and unelectrified sections. All assets are on the DLS.

Hi Railhead001
For the Niddertalbahn TRS19 route, and I believe Sebino Lake Italy as well, the electrification was added via layers. For Niddertalbahn TRS19 these layers are in the route, and are displayed using a series of 'show/hide layer' rules (set to show the necessary layers).

For Niddertalbahn, take a look at the sessions that use the overhead wires and you should see these rules in the 'edit session' interface in Surveyor, you should then be able to insert these rules (and configure them to the same as in the sessions) when creating your own sessions.

Regards

Thanks but here is my issue......why should I have to go through all that just to run some electrified locos ? I mean "Quickdrive" should be just that and for that matter again it seems to be a rush job by not including the electrifeid lines for this purpose. Not everyone is interested in creating sessions for Trainz. Defeats the whole purpose of "Quick Drive". Rush rush rush, seriously nobody considered an electrified route in quick drive mode for European routes ???? Almost laughable.

And the previous comment "
Something to try: Edit one of the builtin sessions, remove the rules, replace the rolling stock, save as your own session (with lines).I think they are also on a layer so you might just be able to turn the layer on in the route?" from Tony who I do respect but to go through all that for a simple playing of an electrified loco ??? What ever happened to Quality Assurance ???

Looking over the forums for TS2019 its amazing how many issues exist still, some carried over from previous versions and some new ones . Love the game but don't need to invest all that time just to watch some trainz run around. This may seem negative but I think expectations for something as basic as what I mentioned should not have to be resolved by what's being suggested.

I am sour ?, you bet, is my reasoning relevant ?, I think so. Do I like Trainz ? Love it or I would not contribute content. Do I think things can be done better ? I can hope......

For now then I will stick to
Die Niedergrundbahn Herbst route which BTW is extremely crafted and surprise has the option for quicxk drive with overhead lines and best of all, the DLS has all the content needed, it may not be as polished as the 2 2019 routes but at least its functional, thanks you the202 for suggesting that and manweb's recommendation as well.

Hi Railhead001
The reason that the routes have been configured this way is that these routes were not originally electrified, and have been maintained as close to their original configuration as possible. In both cases, the electrification was added through the Session layers so that several types of electric train could be used in sessions either included with TRS19, or available separately for TRS19.

During development, a few issues were found with the overhead wires in the Niddertalbahn sessions which required extensive updates to the overhead wires. A decision was made to move the overhead wire layers to the route, with these turned off by default (so that the route would visually remain as it was originally configured), so as to make it easier to both resolve the issues with the sessions and to make it easier to add the overhead wires to the route for session makers if they wanted them (or to run the route without wires as well). This in turn has made it a lot easier to actually add these without needing to lay them out entirely yourself (as they would have been in the original configuration, taking advantage of session layers to allow overhead wires to be added in those sessions).

In this case the QuickDrive option will only load the route in it's default state; which means that any layers that are off by default will remain so. If you wish to take advantage of the added electric wires (which would have otherwise been specific only to the sessions that used them, in the original configuration), then you will need to create a new session and add 3 or 4 rules to the session. This session can then be saved, with no other changes, as a custom 'quick drive' session (it will operate the same way as a quickdrive session, just it will not be highlighted in blue), with any other additional driver commands/rules/etc that you may find useful to your sessions if you wish to do so.

Regards

Thanks for the explanation ZecMurphy,

You have to understand though, especially for new users, that seeing overhead lines and then none in the Quick Drive mode makes little sense, and if that is the case wth the route being non-electricifed, it could have easily be remedied by stating that in that mode when choosing it. And to be honest if I would have known it prior to buying I probably would not have gotten it, a little misleading even though unintentional.

Btw: ALL of the German pictures advertising the European Edition of 2019 show the Catenary lines except for 1 steam shot so I stand by my previous comment.

As seen below:

https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/frontpage/products/trainz-railroad-simulator-2019-european-edition

Last edited:
Back