2019 Surveyor Confusion

rick1958

Good evening folks!
I have a problem / question. I just purchased 2019 NA Edition. I imported two of my routes from TANE SP3. No issues.
Now the problem...I don't get an option to edit my routes without creating a new session each time. What am I missing?
So far not a huge fan. But like anything new...I'll give it time before passing judgement.
Thanks in advance!

Just the routes. I can then create a session which allows me to only edit that session but the edit option never appears for the base route

Last edited:
You can Edit Route when selecting/listing the Routes, or Edit Session when selecting/listing the sessions.

If you choose Edit Route, then it will create a new session, but you don't need to save it (in fact, the default is set to not save the session).

If you're seeing something different, please provide a screenshot and list the steps you're taking to edit/save.

Thanks Tony, but the edit button never a appears when selecting a route (like all other versions) . It loads but the edit button stays blackened out. The edit button doesnt appear until I select "create a new session". Then if I save that session, and come back to it, again edit doesnt appear until I, again, click create a new session. This is on a win10 machine. This is with all the routes, not just mine

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, but the edit button never a appears when selecting a route (like all other versions) . It loads but the edit button stays blackened out. The edit button doesnt appear until I select "create a new session". Then if I save that session, and come back to it, again edit doesnt appear until I, again, click create a new session. This is on a win10 machine. This is with all the routes, not just mine

Which build number is this? Can you please provide a screenshot of the screen you are seeing.

Ok... very strange but problem solved. I didnt have an edit OR the delete route buttons. I downloaded a route, restarted Trainz, and they both just appeared. Odd...installing my 2 routes did nothing. Thanks folks!

Back