Thread: 2019 Surveyor Confusion

Default 2019 Surveyor Confusion

Good evening folks!
    I have a problem / question. I just purchased 2019 NA Edition. I imported two of my routes from TANE SP3. No issues.
    Now the problem...I don't get an option to edit my routes without creating a new session each time. What am I missing?
    So far not a huge fan. But like anything new...I'll give it time before passing judgement.
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Did you import just the routes or the routes AND the sessions from TANE into TRS19?
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Just the routes. I can then create a session which allows me to only edit that session but the edit option never appears for the base route
    Last edited by rick1958; November 18th, 2019 at 01:10 AM.

You can Edit Route when selecting/listing the Routes, or Edit Session when selecting/listing the sessions.

If you choose Edit Route, then it will create a new session, but you don't need to save it (in fact, the default is set to not save the session).

If you're seeing something different, please provide a screenshot and list the steps you're taking to edit/save.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Thanks Tony, but the edit button never a appears when selecting a route (like all other versions) . It loads but the edit button stays blackened out. The edit button doesnt appear until I select "create a new session". Then if I save that session, and come back to it, again edit doesnt appear until I, again, click create a new session. This is on a win10 machine. This is with all the routes, not just mine
    Last edited by rick1958; November 18th, 2019 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rick1958 View Post
    Thanks Tony, but the edit button never a appears when selecting a route (like all other versions) . It loads but the edit button stays blackened out. The edit button doesnt appear until I select "create a new session". Then if I save that session, and come back to it, again edit doesnt appear until I, again, click create a new session. This is on a win10 machine. This is with all the routes, not just mine
    Which build number is this? Can you please provide a screenshot of the screen you are seeing.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Did you click on the route to open the session page?

Ok... very strange but problem solved. I didnt have an edit OR the delete route buttons. I downloaded a route, restarted Trainz, and they both just appeared. Odd...installing my 2 routes did nothing. Thanks folks!