Trainz Plus Beta 104252 to 104342 to 104425 now available (PC)

I think, John's gone over the hill!
He not only spins his office chair, he also jiggles his assets in TRS.
Hmmmmm, maybe this Beta Testing is will get us all......its too early in the day for this!!

Dave

Made a CDP of my route from TRS19 build 100464 and imported into TRS19 build 104425. The route showed no errors or missing assets in CM. I launched trainz and opened my routes session for edit. Missing assets all over the place, DBR did not fix it.

Trainz Log shows the following errors.

- <NULL> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'lowpoly_lod/urtica dioca-urtica dioca_alpha.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(original)/hash-9B||kuid 328583 2066.tzarc|'
- <NULL> VE165: Texture 'lowpoly_lod/urtica dioca-urtica dioca_alpha.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'lowpoly_lod/lowpoly_lod.im', material '*lowpoly_lod*9929F41C*mtl #1*m.onetex'.
- <NULL> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'lowpoly_lod/urtica dioca-urtica dioca_alpha.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(original)/hash-CB||kuid 328583 2114.tzarc|'
- <NULL> VE165: Texture 'lowpoly_lod/urtica dioca-urtica dioca_alpha.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'lowpoly_lod/lowpoly_lod.im', material '*lowpoly_lod*9929F41C*mtl #1*m.onetex'.
- <NULL> VE163: Unable to parse .im file: background_forest_01/background_forest_01.im
- <NULL> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'offwhite.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(packages)/45297f_6/content||kuid 381430 1141.tzarc|'
- <NULL> VE165: Texture 'offwhite.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'default.im', material '*default*74F5C9B9*mtl #9*m.onetex'.
- <NULL> ClientGeometryNode::UpdateInfluenceBufferNow> mesh was not loaded animated
- <NULL> ClientGeometryNode::UpdateInfluenceBufferNow> mesh was not loaded animated
- <NULL> FontManager> Unknown font label 'hud_digital'
- <NULL> TADCopy> Unable to copy file T:/N3V Games/TRS 2019/build sjmkevtk1/cache/internet/stjr6ynl4.php to T:/N3V Games/TRS 2019/build sjmkevtk1/cache/thumbnails/kuid 661281 70010-2-0-394.jpg (err 0x00000050)

Try open for edit and then commit? not had it in this build but have had this when committing new assets with nothing missing, second attempt usually works.

Sorry, but this version is worse then previous. Even game clock not working. Constant CTD's,.....
Just frustrating....

Kind regards
Darko

Sorry, but this version is worse then previous. Even game clock not working. Constant CTD's,.....
Just frustrating....

Kind regards
Darko

That's why you should report the bugs to make things better.

CTDs are caused by many things including outdated scripts, bad textures, and corrupted meshes. If you continue getting these in a particular place on your route, start checking the content. 99% of the time it's something that's not right that's causing this.

Back in TS12, I had a route that kept crashing at a certain point in the drive. I couldn't find the problem as it more or less occurred when I pointed the camera a certain way, if I didn't the route would stutter awful at that place, but at least I could drive past that spot. Then T:ANE came along and I changed out the trees from Pofig and McGuirel to those that would work in T:ANE. As I worked through the hundreds of trees, I got to one that disappeared when I clicked on it. After a few tries, mostly while looking another way rather than at it, I was able to add it to the replace assets queue and replace it with something else. The route never crashed like that in T:ANE afterwards, and that spot where it was so chunky, moved along fine. The tree is what was causing the problem.

MPSStreamerBase::EndChecksumAccess> refcount underflow

Reproduced. Task raised

Made a CDP of my route from TRS19 build 100464 and imported into TRS19 build 104425.

The errors indicate that you've imported builtin items from one build to another which is not supported (since the textures are compressed and do not get installed). If the items are also on the DLS, then you can just download from there (e.g. this works for <kuid:328583:2066>).
If not on the DLS, then you need to install the items using the ingame package installer (e.g. by installing the TANE content that uses these items)

Raise terrain with signals (track objects in place). Track objects remain at previous height.

Can you provide more details as to the exact steps. Also include what the behaviour was previously

Sorry, but this version is worse then previous. Constant CTD's,.....

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I can assure you this is by far the exception rather than the rule (in fact no-one else has yet reported any CTDs in this version). As John pointed out, there's something unique to your build that we need to narrow down.

Even game clock not working.

Testing in a couple of sessions here shows it is working fine. Please provide the session and KUID where you're seeing a problem.

Hi,

Sorry, I'm getting a bit frustrated.
@John - you are missing the point - it works in 104252, after patching to 104425 all CTD started. So it seem something changed with this patch, because there are no new scripts, textures, meshes.

I'll try to find out the cause and report bus.

Kind regards
Darko

Installed "Beavermouth to Ottertail". Description says: "Purchasing this DLC will see you get the entire Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin route + the Beavermouth to Ottertail extension all combined in the one route." Where is the entire "Columbia River Basin" route? I only see the new route (and "Golden, BC" is still the same).

After further investigation: "Beavermouth to Ottertail" comes with "Golden, BC" only, not the entire "Columbia River Basin". PBR textures (and their associated lava flows) are there, but... where's the TurfFX grass? No trace in "Beavermouth to Ottertail", neither in the extension nor the "Golden, BC" part! Grass textures look so outdated! There's also something wrong with pricing as Content Store says it will be $39.90: "Golden, BC" is already installed as built-in, so for that price you only get the few miles of the extension which is a step backward in quality!

Same place in "Golden, BC" (top) and "Beavermouth to Ottertail": there is a gap between them! Second looks like TS12 version...

pko3q.jpg

vGgbo.jpg

Last edited:
Installed Pro Trainz ETR 1000 Freccairossa from the Content store (build 104425). After about 5 minutes the process was completed. However the button on the right hand side showed "View Errors" message. I viewed the message which read "One or more build packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'sinc:sc492'".

When I went into the CM it appears that everything is there and without any faults. The new session runs OK in build 104425.

The question is what does the View Errors message mean on the Content store?

The error relates to which "Content build" was used to make the contnet. Previously it was possible to mix and match packages. Now it is required that one build is used. So it is a back-end error that will be fixed in the next content build (and the error is nothing to worry about for now). Same goes for pre-cache errors reported.

Installed "Beavermouth to Ottertail". Description says: "Purchasing this DLC will see you get the entire Canadian Rocky Mountains - Columbia River Basin route + the Beavermouth to Ottertail extension all combined in the one route." Where is the entire "Columbia River Basin" route? I only see the new route (and "Golden, BC" is still the same).

After further investigation: "Beavermouth to Ottertail" comes with "Golden, BC" only, not the entire "Columbia River Basin". PBR textures (and their associated lava flows) are there, but... where's the TurfFX grass? No trace in "Beavermouth to Ottertail", neither in the extension nor the "Golden, BC" part! Grass textures look so outdated! There's also something wrong with pricing as Content Store says it will be $39.90: "Golden, BC" is already installed as built-in, so for that price you only get the few miles of the extension which is a step backward in quality!

Same place in "Golden, BC" (top) and "Beavermouth to Ottertail": there is a gap between them! Second looks like TS12 version...

Hi HPL
The Beavermouth to Ottertail route contains the 'Columbia River Basin' route within the overall route, and not as a separate route, and as such you will not see a separate route called 'columbia river basin' within Trainz.

I can also confirm that the Golden BC route is part of TRS19 (World Edition, North American Edition, and Gold Memberships only), and is not part of the Beavermouth to Ottertail route.

Regards

Rivet counting 53+44=97

Time now for some rivet counting although it was not my intention ever to go that path.
Besides from all the work efforts and repairs and now recovery from a major injury caused by working to long on trainz here is my take on this post by HPL.
Hpl should know the 'old' Columbia river basin,Kicking Horse Canyon and other fine routes i remade also for TANE few years ago.
A lot lot of time and effort has been spent on all my routes to get them to TRS19 and using 99% all PBR texures!
The Beavermouth to Ottertail is the Kicking Horse Canyon and Columbia River Basin combined.
I DID try in the beginning to use TurfX but abandoned it because it was not reliable and overlapping with roads tracks and other assets and other misfits and mishaps losing stuff was to much to even think of doing all my routes.:n:
The PBR grasses are far from outdated but that is a personal opinion one as allowed to have.

Quoting your post : you only get a few miles of extension allow me to correct rivet counting to help you back on track:
Columbia River Basin or the Golden BC route is roughly 53 miles
The inclusion of the Kicking Horse Canyon + Redgrave to Beavermouth you call extension is some 44 Miles! This means YOU GET 83% extra. So in total you have roughly 100 miles of route.(2 in 1):cool:

I tried to upload some pictures But upload failed for whatever reason i try again later) to proof my routes are TRS19 good to very good quality texture based and not as you wrongly insinuate TS12 look alike.:n:

I can also confirm that the Golden BC route is part of TRS19 (World Edition, North American Edition, and Gold Memberships only), and is not part of the Beavermouth to Ottertail route.

I must be missing something... This is the map of "Beavermouth to Ottertail"; in yellow, the "Golden, BC" route, in red, the extension:

5REAb.jpg

I think the confusion here is that the Golden BC route took the original TANE Columbia River Basin route, and was modified heavily by N3V for TRS19. So those two versions cover the same territory but are now separate in development terms.

Roy has then taken his original TANE Columbia River Basin route and modified and extended that version. (So the Golden BC version route itself is not included).

Back