Thread: Any update about Real-Time Per-Pixel lightning?

Default Any update about Real-Time Per-Pixel lightning?

My question is about the new lightning system featured on kickstarter TANE Project:

[IMG][/IMG]

In STR Group we are preparing a new update about our signal system and we are developing new spanish signals with different technologies (LED included) and we are curious about this new system.
    We have developed a new backlight system that you can see in the following picture:

But, with the currently corona's system, it is impossible to develop other effects like for example, lens flare.
    Thank you!

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

That's PBR and has nothing to do with corona's, for that you need ray tracing.

¿Ray Tracing? For emit one light ray I need some emissive.
    In wiki page doesn't exist any information about this.

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

Trainz dose not have ray tracing. In PBR the red channel in the parameter texture.

For a traffic light you can not use the red channel. Because the light of every signal state is get by coronas not by PBR textures.

I am also interested in this as the locomotive headcodes that I've made use an emissive backlight as the main loco headlight, it would be nice to have adjacent objects lit by this. I believe that N3V said they would have to implement deferred rendering for this.
    Regards Ron

Blog Entries

Hi All
    Real Time Per Pixel Lighting is used to refer to the way that objects are rendered in the game, and is already fully implemented in TANE (and TRS19 expands greatly upon this with the PBR materials).

However this feature is not to be confused with 'night lighting' or 'point lighting' (ie objects that create light in the game), which is not currently available unfortunately. We do hope to improve night lighting in future, but we do not have a timeframe for this at this time.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Thank you for the clarification!
    Cheers!