Two quick questions

jedron212

Hey all! I just have two small things i have to ask about:

1. Is there a way to rotate engines in the collections on the main menu? I can't seem to change the camera angle.

2. Is there a way to change the switches when an engine is approaching it? I remember this being a feature in previous versions of Trainz.

Thanks!

Hi Jedron212
At the moment, it's not possible to change the view in the 'my collection' or main menu screens. For rotating the trains, you should be able to do this by creating a consist with the vehicle 'reversed', and then selecting the consist rather than the vehicle.

For junctions, these will become locked depending on your trains speed and distance to the junction. If you are approaching too quickly to be able to stop before the junction, then the junction will be locked (IIRC it will vary depending on how hard to apply the brakes as well).

Most junctions will also be locked if any vehicle is within 10 or 20m of it, even if stationary. You can use the 'set trigger radius' option in the Triggers menu in Surveyor to set a smaller 'trigger radius' for junctions (this can be done when editing the route, or when creating or editing sessions), which will allow stationary vehicles to sit closer to the junction without locking it.

Regards

You can get a good rotating look at just about any asset in the Manage Content>Content Manager app. Right click on a loco and choose Open...>Preview Asset or use the keyboard shortcut of CTRL+SHIFT+R

If you have a mouse or keyboard with programmable keys, you can assigned that series of keystrokes to a single key. That makes it easier to review lots of items quickly.

William

Back