kinky track

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
No, not that, get out of the gutter.:eek:

After placing some track in a TRS19 100240 test map and running trains on it for many days, suddenly one of the junctions has developed a kink. The track has not separated and a train will traverse it without any problems. It does look rather strange to see the traincars make an almost 90 degree corner without derailing.
TRS 2019 100240 kink.JPG

Is there any known cause or is it something that just happens?

Weird! (No not being kinky!)

I have seen that once, but that was due to track actually being broken and not just because. If anything I would report this as a bug.

What track are you using; is it your own or something off the DLS?

Almost always use my own track, more fun that way.

Interesting that this time the kink only happened in Driver. When I exited back to Surveyor, it was not there. In the past, when it was still visible in Surveyor, I would have to split the track and then when I would reconnect the two parts, the joint was smooth again. This time, the train was still able to traverse the joint so from a logical point of view, it was still continuous, it just looked broken. Don't know how to provoke this so replicating it could be an issue.

I just remembered something. See if you can delete the track with the track tool. Back in TRS19 early versions, I had a route where the track broke in a similar fashion but I was unable to select it using the track tool. Not all segments did it, just some here and there so some of the track was splines. As I went through the route, I found that those sections I couldn't do anything with, had turned to scenery objects, or for a better description, fixed-tracks. I ended up deleting these fixed-track object in the route then running a database repair, which solved the problem. I was then able to lay the track again without issue.

Back