TPR Download Depot down?

Has anyone tried making contact with the owners/staff of TPR? Either on this forum or via email.

Yes no response. Owner was Meridious who hasn't been active since 2016 and who only kept it going if robin_hoods who was the contact collected the donations, I attempted contact when the server went off line, initially I thought due to the fees being required, as I had done for the previous couple of years, others have also tried contacting robin_hoods and other that there was some kind of problem, nothing further was heard and as no yearly donation was requested in 2019.
Normally Robin requested a donation on here and on British Trainz. I'm assuming either everything was lost or meridious has decided not to bother keeping it open any longer. Maybe it was costing too much?
Nothing on the wayback machine either as the files were on a different server, I would think whatever the problem there was no backup that worked.
Even the TPR forums which were on a free server and survived up to around a year ago have now vanished after being spammed with various dodgy links and malware, in fact now it's getting blocked by Firefox and Malwarebytes and the domain was up for sale a few months back.

I won't personally miss it as only had three items from it, available elsewhere now anyway although I regularly donated.

Only one creator was actively uploading to TPR and he has since uploaded copies to the TCWW site.

Time to put this to bed it's been well over a year now.

I'm Still Around, Playing With TRS2019

Hello all.
LONG time no see!

I found this thread while looking for old favorite content that has been updated to TRS19 standards.

As the route creator for TPR, I still have about 12 routes in various stages of completion that were to be released under the auspices of TrainzProRoutes.

Over the past few years, I lost both my parents, changed jobs twice, lost a hard drive with lots of TRAINZ content on it, and got married!!!!!!

Needless to say, TRAINZ took a back seat to a lot of other things and I just never had time, or was in the mood to work on routes.
Things are looking up now with my lovely wife, job is good, and I've recently discovered I have time again to play in TRS19.

Over the past 2 months, I've been working on several routes. Some of them continuing to develop, and others to update to TRS2019.
I know John is still around doing things from time to time as well.

I'm not sure if TPR will ever come back as a first-line content producer, but I still fully intend to release a few pretty impressive routes over the next months.

First will be some updates to some previously released routes.
I think the first will be an update to my very first route - PROSPECTOR LINES. Just a few baseboards that transition from flatlands to mountains. Probably will be pretty scenery intense with the new FXlayers of grass and crops.
Next will most likely be SANDPATCH! I've been playing with replacing older trees with some very nice ones, as well as some textures. Again, scenery to be updated with splines and FX layers, as well as multiplayer sessions.

In development -
MRL II - Fully DEM version of Montana Rail Link - end to end. I had this one quite a way done when my hard drive crashed, and all backups. So, started again from a very early version. About 1/3 complete at this time.

Northeast Corridor from Washington DC to Philadelphia. My "Demo" version from Wilmington, DE to Philly was included in TS12. The rest is under development with all trackage in and about 3/4 scenery. Really working on replacing a lot of scenery with newer TS19 objects, textures, and trees that will allow the necessary performance of a 120MPH route. I will be asking for content from the TRAINZ community for this route. --Like some SEPTA Metroliners--- :)

Fort Worth - All trackage in, very little scenery. Work In Progress.

Clinchfield 2019. Been working on this one a while. Massively updated from John Keenan's original masterpiece and Kevin's updated DEM version. All scenery and track is in, just need to update content to TRS19 standards.

Southern California - SoCal. GIANT route I've been working on for years. All DEM-based. Bakersfield to Mojave, to Barstow. Then Barstow out to Needles and down to San Bernadino !!!!!! All trackage is in. Scenery is about 1/2 done. Tehachapi part complete as is Cajon Pass. Working now around the huge Barstow yard to Mojave and out to Needles (lots of hot desert).

Not sure what to concentrate on after Prospector and Sandpatch. Any suggestions?

Working in TRAINZ as I can.....

Welcome back Jeff! TPR had a LOT of great content that is sorely missed. I am excited to hear your plans for your routes, especially the MRL route. Wonderful to hear from someone from TPR!

TPR in its day was great, a source of fine assets for the community.

One of the various sites that were aiming to be a solution when the Auran/N3V download site inevitably disappeared.

Thank You For The Welcome Back!

Thank you for the welcome back.
I've been playing around pretty much each evening on some routes and really enjoying some of the newer content.

Prospector track has all been upgraded to the new procedural stuff. I would really like to see more of that.. A LOT faster than adding frog and catchrail details to each turnout!

One of my goals will be to make things as realistic as possible but still have decent performance. That has always been a goal. So, I'm seeing how far I can go before major performance hits.

I'll keep playing around and will get Prospector re-released soon. I'm looking forward to it!

Looking for some Narrow Gauge locos and rolling stock to fit the TRS19 built-in narrow gauge procedural track......
Thank you.

Thank you for the welcome back.
I've been playing around pretty much each evening on some routes and really enjoying some of the newer content.

Prospector track has all been upgraded to the new procedural stuff. I would really like to see more of that.. A LOT faster than adding frog and catchrail details to each turnout!

One of my goals will be to make things as realistic as possible but still have decent performance. That has always been a goal. So, I'm seeing how far I can go before major performance hits.

I'll keep playing around and will get Prospector re-released soon. I'm looking forward to it!

Looking for some Narrow Gauge locos and rolling stock to fit the TRS19 built-in narrow gauge procedural track......
Thank you.

I note that the www.trainzproroutes.org link in your signature is an unregistered domain. I can find you space on jatws.org if that would help.

Cheerio John

Back