TPR Download Depot down?

As to CNR's well cars, they have been loaded to the DLS with permission given
It will take 24 hours to show up for downloading.
Thanks
Jim

Thank you BTVFD for the modified CNR stack cars! I think this will be easier on those who want to load prototypical cars through the default Auran container terminals without having to set up ones for the Jointed Rail and RRMods ones. :)

Hi all unfortunately TRP is down and I have no idea when it will be fixed .
All I can tell you is that it is being worked on but it may take a long time to get it fixed as soon as I know any thing I will post back here

The problem is that the website's renewal due date is on Christmas Eve, according to the WHOIS data. That's a pretty bad time to place the deadline to pay the bills to keep the site up without it being suspended.

Repaired the CNR's well cars thanks to the help if Torino72 and normhart, they found some errors that I missed and the update is now uploaded and should work without problems using BI intermodal load/unload track section.

Script and queues had to be changed out.

They should show up in 24 to 48 hours.

Last edited:
The problem is that the website's renewal due date is on Christmas Eve
At first I misinterpreted this as being the date the site would come back up, since the site was to be renewed, but when I checked, sure enough nothing changed.

The domain was never the problem as far as I can tell. The Download Depot used PHP code and MySQL to operate as an online database. The first error reported server 500 means that the MySQL server had a problem and wasn't responding. I'm going to assume that it crashed. It must have been pretty serious to be down this long. If it was a hardware failure, the hosting company would have to get a new server running and then try to recover the databases using MySQL either from the crashed server or from tape backup if there is one. The dirty little secret of most cheap hosting companies is that they don't do backups anymore, at least not daily backups. The volume of data far exceeds the time it would take to make nightly backups. We stopped doing backups in 2013 for this reason and advised all our hosting customers how to backup their own databases using PHPMyAdmin.

William

Hello,

Can I help somehow? I am an IT Engineer with many years of data recovery and databases experience. Can host as well. Also I have friends who are gurus in MySQL. We are in Australia.

Kind regards, Mimes

It has currently been over a month since the TPR Download Depot went down, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any signs of it coming back anytime soon.

As I have monetarily supported N3V, JR, K&L, RRMods.us, and RRMods.ca, I was wondering if tons of people funded $5 to TPR, would it help bring it back ?

As I have monetarily supported N3V, JR, K&L, RRMods.us, and RRMods.ca, I was wondering if tons of people funded $5 to TPR, would it help bring it back ?

I don't think it's a question of money more the custom software needs updating.

Cheerio John

I was wondering if tons of people funded $5 to TPR, would it help bring it back ?
Now, don't get me wrong. If I could donate to TPR I would, but unfortunately I don't have any money.

I doubt it as it has not been asked for this year, which indicates to me either they got enough last year or it's not going to happen.

I still have a little bit of hope that it may return, as if it does, I will download the sporbust BNSF Dash 9 that was hosted on there.

@TrainGuy58,

Just in case the Depot doesn't come back, there are several BNSF Dash 9's on the DLS, in several configurations and color schemes.

Bob Morrison

@TrainGuy58,

Just in case the Depot doesn't come back, there are several BNSF Dash 9's on the DLS, in several configurations and color schemes.

Bob Morrison
Okay, I got that. On a side note, how do I register on the TPR forums? I can't seem to find a place to register on that site.

Back