TPR Download Depot down?

Okay, I got that. On a side note, how do I register on the TPR forums? I can't seem to find a place to register on that site.

Wouldn't bother it's been virtually dead for a few years apart from spammers. You won't find any TPR staff active.

Okay, I got that. On a side note, how do I register on the TPR forums? I can't seem to find a place to register on that site.

Unless they changed it, it used your official Trainz account credentials to prevent users of pirated versions from being able to login in there. That still worked for me the last time I logged in before the crash. Of course, that code may have gone away with the crash. I always liked that feature. Too many Trainz sites are wide open to pirates using stolen copies of the game.

William

Thread bump

By this point, I doubt the download depot is coming back. There hasn't been any updates, which means that if it is indeed gone for good, then much of the content there is now permanently gone.

Thread bump

By this point, I doubt the download depot is coming back. There hasn't been any updates, which means that if it is indeed gone for good, then much of the content there is now permanently gone.

Most is on the DLS, some is on jatws.org and there is room for more on jatws.org if the content creators want to make it available there.

Cheerio John

I would second that. A lot of the stuff that was on there (specifically Paul Weiser's stuff) is on JATWS, so it is definitely sad to see TPR go, but thankfully a lot of the content is not lost.

Last edited:
I would say that the sites owner merridious, the only one with Admin access, has given up or unable to continue for whatever reason.
London Underground stuff? best bet is the British Trainz forum which is where the creator of most of it hangs out.

Does anyone find it funny that 3 sites that had connections to Robinhoods, TPR, Yukon zoom creations and his own site all went off line at the same time?

Does anyone find it funny that 3 sites that had connections to Robinhoods, TPR, Yukon zoom creations and his own site all went off line at the same time?

Robin took over the day to day stuff on TPR when the original group drifted away. The code is old and he didn't write nor maintain it. I'm certainly thankful for his efforts over the last few years else TPR wouldn't probably have disappeared before.

jatws.org is much simpler to avoid these sort of maintenance problems.

Cheerio John

Robin_Hoods site is working as of 5 minutes ago when I checked, https://595800.site123.me/

However all his links are to TPR and he was shown as active on here back in January https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?29338-Trainz-Objects&p=1787787#post1787787

TPR Forums are back however the Download server appears to have gone AWOL. Probably lost it all as we are not hearing anything.

Time like this I'm glad I keep copies of everything downloaded from third party sites on disk or rather backup disks that are backed up, in case sites disappear.

Yukonzoom went offline too? I was unaware of that. Fortunately I downloaded the Cass Shay from there some time ago when it was still up.

Maybe it got to be too much. Would have been great if he had turned it all over to the DLS though. Or maybe he has health or computer problems like others here. Maybe he has plans for a comeback.We can hope!

Maybe it got to be too much. Would have been great if he had turned it all over to the DLS though. Or maybe he has health or computer problems like others here. Maybe he has plans for a comeback.We can hope!

The content wasn't necessarily his own and there are reasons why not everything gets put on the DLS not least is the fact it must be licensed so that N3V can sell it.

Cheerio John

Slight Thread Bump
I would recommend using the Wayback Machine to try and download the content lost. There are quite alot of captures of the site and the downloads should be able to work. Hope this helps for anyone!
https://web.archive.org/web/20190103142713/http://www.trainzproroutes.org/tprdownloads/index.php

That was checked way back when the site went down.
The downloads were on a different server and not archived so links do not work.

Just forget it and move on.

Back