TPR Download Depot down?

TrainGuy58

Your Average Trainzer
A few days ago, I tried accessing the TPR Download Depot. However, when I try to go to it, I just get HTTP Error 500. What has happened?

Probably late with the yearly renewal, it's separate from the forums etc, robin_hoods normally asks for Donations at the beginning of October, may just be late. not the first time its happened.

Not all web hosts are very good at sending out reminders. I closed my little site (well it shut by default) after the host failed to action my Nominet renewal, by the time I realised and went to their control panel got a message saying it was too late and the domain was unregistered. CBA to take it any further and TBH not done much with it or updated in the previous 12 months, so gave it the chop. It will be on the Wayback Machine if anyone wanted to look at it!

Server error 500 means the mySQL server process has stopped and needs to be restarted. A common problem with online databases. The hosting admin would have to do that for them.

William

Last edited:
Hmm, thought someone was contacting robin_hoods about this, obviously not, I've just sent him a pm.

Anyone hear from robin_hoods about this site, I also Noticed that yukonzoom's site is down also. That site also had ties to robin_hoods.

Not necessarily, It could be they asked the site to be suspended since the database wasn't working. We did that for customers if they requested it at the ISP I worked for. I'm sure someone will get to the truth soon enough.

William

I have communicated with @RHoods, and the problem is being looked at. I'm hoping the changed indication ("Suspended") is part of a recovery operation - can't have people accessing the database during a restore.

I've just PM'd robin_hoods, has anyone else attempted to contact him?

Edit: reminder to self read first then post. D'oh!

Last edited:
Hopefully you can be able to host the content. I thought the site would've come back by now, but it still shows as "suspended."

Back