TPR Download Depot down?

John meant his site was available to host content not that he could host TPR's if it gone it's gone.

Looks like the main page and the forum has now gone as well.

It is archived on the wayback machine however needs the password to download which I doubt will work on a web archive and it's then doubtful the links will work due to the password requirement.

My gossip is the code is very old which probably means it either needs to be rewritten or patched and there aren't that many people who like working on old code they haven't written and is undocumented.

Realistically I suspect it has reached the end of the line.

Cheerio John

So did a whois, relevant bits

Dates 5,096 days old
Created on 2005-12-24
Expires on 2019-12-24
Updated on 2018-12-01

So registration hasn't expired yet, case of watch this space!

If it does need updating that would be down to Meridious as it's his site.

I wonder how much it actually costs, to pay for, and to keep such a website open, yearly ?

I wonder how much it actually costs, to pay for, and to keep such a website open, yearly ?

Roughly speaking in the order of $100 to $150 a year. Chrome etc now prefer SSL and adding that to an old web site can be easy and free or cost dollars and be a pain to do.

Some Trainz sites are hosted on Google which is cheaper. Domain names can add to the expense.

Cheerio John

Need permission from the Creator, sites like TPR are often used so that stuff is not put on the DLS.

As the main page has returned seems likely the downloads will at some point.

Server error 500 likely means the mySQL database the download depot uses is still not working. Sounds like the hosting company has a separate server running mySQL for all their hosting accounts to use. This was the standard way of setting up a hosting farm years ago. Today most modern hosting providers allow your website to run its own copy of mySQL inside the space you are allocated for your website. If the server running mySQL crashed or was hacked it is a mess to restore and get working again. Here is hoping their ISP had a working backup of the server. Another strong reason to do your own backups of your website and not rely on the hosting company.

William

I am giving permission for anyone who has my previously released content/cdp files to upload to wherever they want (to include the dls). This includes reskins and such.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the cdp files that were uploaded to the TPR Download Depot. Most likely, they were on the burnt up thumb drive.

Well, it's alright, since I've already obtained items that were there when it was still up, including pweiser's New Haven 2-10-2. I won't be giving them out for obvious reasons, though.

I am giving permission for anyone who has my previously released content/cdp files to upload to wherever they want (to include the dls). This includes reskins and such.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the cdp files that were uploaded to the TPR Download Depot. Most likely, they were on the burnt up thumb drive.

Only you can upload to the DLS under your kuid.

If anyone has access to crazytrain's work if you flip it to me I'll put it up on jatws.org.

Thanks John

Cheerio John

Yes I have them the C 420s you loaded to the TPR site
Crazytrain I sent them to you via email
You will need to clone them to your KUID and back date them to your version of trainz (I updated them to 3.5) Included in the file are LV L&HR and the animated bogies.
79244725_10206919407781091_6031003586828173312_o.jpg

80667537_10206919407861093_4938935622707445760_o.jpg

Last edited:
The Donations were to pay for the download server, the rest of the site was usually unaffected if they had forgotten to renew, I'm guessing that it was a free set-up for the main site and forum but required payment to host the downloads.

At risk of sounding like a gimmepig, if anyone has Crazytrainz C420, I would like to have then too, if you please. Let me know and via PM and I will send e-mail address.

WITH PERMISSION GRANTED BY CRAZYTRAIN
They have now been uploaded to the DLS.
24 hours to show up

Alco C420 LV
Alco C420 L&HR
Animated bogies.

Jim

Last edited:
Back