TPR Download Depot down?

There is hope as he is fixing it the server and database was the problem as could be that a cdp got virused and affected the server

All I know is that once it's back up I'm uploading it to my personal Google drive so this doesn't happen again to me when I need to reinstall some cdps from tpr

I'm afraid I don't hold out any hope for a comeback. With not even any word, it and he appear to have both disappeared...

All I know is that once it's back up I'm uploading it to my personal Google drive so this doesn't happen again to me when I need to reinstall some cdps from tpr

I'm not holding my breath, It does not take 3 months to sort out a virus or fix a server which should in normal circumstance have a backup somewhere.

The little I had from TPR is safely backed up on external drives, which is what I do for any item from a third party site as you can not guarantee they will be there tomorrow.

four months since we last heard, and the site still isn't back up. These things do take time I admit, but it is frustrating when some assets you require come from TPR.

At this point I would say it is either not recoverable due to not having a backup or there is no desire to fool with it.

William

four months since we last heard, and the site still isn't back up. These things do take time I admit, but it is frustrating when some assets you require come from TPR.

Which assets are you after?

One or two are now available on jatws.org

Cheerio john

An archived version of a dynamic site will only show you the plain HTML code. It doesn't archive the database which appears to be what failed in this case. If the site had just been a series of link to the .cdp files then there is a chance to get the downloads like this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120705231253/http://uslw.net/content/downloads/files/

But the Depot used a MySQL database to store the files that users uploaded. When someone wanted to download something, the dynamic code fetched the item from the database. If the operator had been saving copies of the database on a regular basis then it could have been possible to reconstruct it but it looks like either there are no backups or no interest in doing the work involved.

William

Bumping older post but whatever. The Wayback machine doesn't seem work. I cant get logged in. All I am looking for in the hump yard kit. Specifically the included manual. I thought I had it backed up on my end, but I must not have. So if there is anyway I could get my hands on that manual I'd appreciate it.

A manual hump yard is really fun to operate, manually uncoupling each and every car by hand, throwing turnouts by hand, manual operation is very satisfying.

A real hump yard has many pauses "Red Light" on the hump, and is not a constant flow, automatic remote control operation. Shoving speeds are generally 2 mph, with many pauses for hump tower/cut man radio communications.

It seems that TPR is indefinitely down.

If someone sent you the humpyard kit, and someday you shared your route with them, they would find it a unknown/unlocatable missing dependency

I believe it is at least partially available on the wayback, but I don't know if logging in works or if all the downloads are available.

I believe that if you can view the links on the Wayback Machine, all the links are now dead.

A manual hump yard is really fun to operate, manually uncoupling each and every car by hand, throwing turnouts by hand, manual operation is very satisfying.

A real hump yard has many pauses "Red Light" on the hump, and is not a constant flow, automatic remote control operation. Shoving speeds are generally 2 mph, with many pauses for hump tower/cut man radio communications.

It seems that TPR is indefinitely down.

If someone sent you the humpyard kit, and someday you shared your route with them, they would find it a unknown/unlocatable missing dependency

Oh I know how a hump yard works. I don't need the assets as there is a version of them on the DLS. But in the original download there was a PDF text file that was a detailed manual that covered what some of the buttons did. That's what I am looking for. And as it stands, I wouldn't be releasing the route I am working on that has a hump yard.

I believe it is at least partially available on the wayback, but I don't know if logging in works or if all the downloads are available.

The wayback doesn't work at all. As I said, I tried it with no luck. Hence why I asked here.

It's been nearly a year and TPR is STILL down with no hope of returning. And I'm pretty sure TPR only allows logged in users to download their content, which is why the Wayback Machine method isn't working.

Last edited:
The files were on a different server which was never archived the one the donations paid for and is the one that's has gone. Not all sites / hosts will permit the likes of the Wayback machine to trawl their content anyway. Archived links will only work if the server they point to still exists, file servers without a web page don't get archived neither do databases.

TPR has gone will not be coming back ever and the files are lost, time to move on and forget it.

Mods, Please lock this thread. The website is gone and now this thread is the target of spammers.

William

Back