Forum keeps logging me out.

Thanks for the update Mr O.

I'll see what happens now when I make this reply.

Success!

On the 'circular logic theme' I presume that doing the thing that Malc suggested did the trick, because cookie clearing was in my daily routine and that wasn't.

I am now going to make a longer post in the Freeware Announcement thread.......:eek:

Last edited:
Glad you had some success here. But no joy for me, I just struck out. I followed John's advice and I followed Malc's advice and I got the DNS cleared or something like that message. I thought things were going pretty good as I was able to look at 3 or 4 pages after I logged instead of 1 and then I got logged out. Will try again but this is tiresome and to quote Graham:
This has only happened since that DDoS screen arrived. (which seems to have gone now).

If things change I will post back but I avoided logging in for much of yesterday - it's just not worth the aggravation.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
I spoke with the admin and the only thing he did was turn on (and a few days later off) the DDOS protection.
He did not change anything at all to the forum (or website) settings as he doesn’t have to for that protection service.
Traffic effectively was temporarily rerouted.

I noticed there was a proxy set up in between us and the server during that time.

Well now, I've just been looking at a lot of posts in a thread of screenshots, when I'd finished I clicked on the 'Top' button and got logged out, just as in post #22.

Graham, It took me 3 logins to post a reply in the TS12 forums in the missing track segments thread.

Pitiful.

I've followed John and Malcs advice 3 times now and rebooted twice. There's something wrong here hopefully not at my end but I am not experiencing this on any other forum or website.

Bob Pearson

Just got logged out previewing this post.

And again when I tried to edit the post. - Check the times. This is not normal.

Last edited:
Might just be a cache problem. Consider clearing your history (and yes, I also hate doing that myself).
Please re read my last post.

I have cleared the cookie and history and the rest of the caches 3 times today and "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache" 3 times today (at least) and rebooted 2 times in-between.

Bob Pearson

Please re read my last post
Please re read the topic; you are not the only one in it :p
But you are right, I didn’t remember that part in your comment.
Still (and again), forum is back to the same setting as it was a week ago and I don’t recall you having complaints back then (about getting logged out that is). Then again, I clearly don’t remember everything.

I'll apologize for the assumption you were replying to my post alone. That was short sited on my part.

For me this problem with the forum has only happened since that DDoS screen first appeared - last Sunday if memory serves me correctly.

Before that I had no problems logging in and staying logged into this forum for very long periods of time several hours as long as I was active on the site. It was working great. Now It takes several logins in the space of a few minutes to post a reply. I have the same behavior with MS EDGE and IE which I just switched back to a few minutes ago - to check out this problem. I rarely use IE on this machine any more.

I made a reply to a thread in the TS12 forum a few minutes ago using IE this time and I was logged out in the time it took to write a couple of sentences and hit the submit button.

Bob Pearson

Could be an issue with the DNS server? maybe try a different one?
How would I do that? By the way I'm using Firefox for this post to see if that makes a difference.

Bob Pearson

How would I do that? By the way I'm using Firefox for this post to see if that makes a difference.

Bob Pearson

Try resetting your internet router. (It's simple - a little button in the back, or unplug it and replug it back it).

The reason for this is routers will cache DNS addresses and sometimes they do not update the address changes very well. I've had that issue too where I can't connect to a server, or can't login for some reason, but resetting the router helped.

Or you can set the DNS on the PC under ethernet properties TCP/IPv4 or TCP/IPv6 depending on what your ISP uses or use the very handy DNS Jumper program, which will find the fastest one, overrides whatever the router is using.

Lets all screw up our internet settings because one site (this one) continuously burps and logs us out.

Make sense to me! :p

It can actually as not all DNS servers are at the same state of update some can hold out of date info, My previous ISP kept failing on DLS downloads, changing the DNS server to Open DNS fixed it.

Nothing has changed on my part. Don't use cookies, cache clears when closed, everything is reset daily computer/router/etc. and no way I'm turning off add blocker.

And now I'm reading suggestions to change DNS settings.

No thanks, I'll just wait for either N3V or the ISP to get with the program. :)

It started doing it to me today, after reading one sub-forum I navigated to another and found I had to log in again. I've had no problems at all before.

Still happening ...Ref post #19

This is the only forum that is giving me this problem and the only one that had a DDoS..

Why was I not authorised to make a post when I am logged in?

I am going to make a post with screenshots in, in another thread, let's see how that goes.

I have not messed with my DNS settings and don't really want to.

Edit....

I just got told again that I am not authorised to make changes to my post, got logged out.

I just wanted to add that I found this post ..

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/v...g-logged-out-when-they-click-on-certain-links

Not a techie myself, but would the forum DNS be changed temporarily during the DDoS episode?

Last edited:
I've reset some settings, the issue seemed to only affect some people. I for example was logged in for several days with no issues. I have however reverted the changes now so see if that helps.

Back