False Red Stop Signals

boleyd

defined below

I continue to be plagued with false RED signals. First, only ONE train is active on the route. The route takes 30 minutes to run and has several signals. Watching the info bar (bottom of screen) I can see a yellow followed by a red. The train slows at the yellow and stops at the red. Then in a few seconds the signal goes green and the train proceeds. There is NO REASON that I can see why there was a red signal with no other traffic on the route. The red signal acts like a Stop Sign - Approach, stop, look both left and right and then proceed. I assume I am the only one having this issue which has been with me for several update cycles. Currently using 104261.

Last edited:
Need some Pics of Track area and some Signal Readings from you Sir

Good Morning Dick,

I have had my issues with Signals as well over time......:(

OK......So here is what we could use to maybe figure this Bugger out. ;)

Please re in act your Train movement, have your train going slow.

Then take your mouse pointer and hover over the pesky Signal, it will say what state or condition it is in, Post that here.

Then when your train stops for signal, and when signal goes Green re hover your mouse pointer over the Signal again in Green State, see what it says and post here. ( should say something like next Block(s) or so are clear) I am really curious what it says before you arrive with Train, and what it says after it goes Green????

Also, if you can, take picture of the Tracks so we can see what the line looks like. It will help us more to try and figure what is going on.

Also, our you using any these items from PGUY like junction controllers or path commands, if I didn't no better, it sounds like this Signal is checking a Path command and then when it perceives train in vicinity, it waits for a path clearance, just speculating here...........?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?136082-Using-Enhanced-Interlocking-Tower&highlight=Enhanced+Controllers

I have to go and get some Plumbing repairs done outside with Mr's Blue,

I will try and check back later this AM....

There are a slew of Folks who are very well versed in Signal issues, so I would think you get lots of good help, but my questions and you posting some pics Etc should help us out....

the false RED says "Junction Not Aligned to Route". According to the green arrow the junction IS correctly aligned. After passage it said "Hold Control & Right Click". I had several of these and all had the same messages. So, under some condition the program mis-interprets the state of the junction - maybe????

be sure it is looking at the same junction you are. if you click a signal with this message it should take your camera view to the offending junction, then be sure it is not misaligned.

I have seen this, and it's not a fault. I have this where the train goes to a dead end, before running around the consist. The last switch (points) which is 6th one past the (last) signal is incorrectly set. However in my case the signal only changes when I correct the switch.

You may be on to something. Clicking on a "false" red signal took me to a JUNCTION not near, but was pulsating/blinking. I could see nothing wrong but redid the signal and removed all PBR textures that were messing up the procedural track. Re-running the route.

Re-ram the route and on a different false RED it jumped to a different pulsating junction icon. These signals are all gantry types which I really dislike. I will go to Safetrans and see if that helps.

Last edited:
After watching, and checking signal status, almost all instances of "false Red signals" were due to a following switch not properly by the time a train arrived the target signal. The amount of time to subsequently properly set the following signal varied from a few seconds to almost a minute. The same signal pairs (target and following) consistently performed in this manner. The behavior has been seen in 104480 and 100240 builds. It is present in several routes.

Reported - Bug Report

Last edited:
Although the following switch "looked good" it was not really perfect. "straightening" it via that option eventually brought it into favor with the preceding switch. Then a Red was no longer presented and trains ran at designed speeds. However, some switches continued to show Red despite adjusting. These also set the the preceding yellow to ON thus artificially slowing the train. Even more "adjustment" is needed. More wasted time.

Since N3V has been unable to reproduce this series of signal anomalies further reporting is unnecessary. I have reinstalled the program and now updated (104930)to the latest but with no change. Updated Windows to 1909 from 1903 - no change.

Most of the previous false RED signals have gone away with "adjustments" to following signals but for some reason my system seems quite sensitive to the construct of those signals.

Back