Graeme

What is the reason for seeing a checking browser page before loading the forum
The page has a link - DDoS protection by cloudflare
Very odd, not seen it previously
cheers
Graeme

Same here !!!!

Cheers, evilcrow

The forum was (or is?) likely being DOS attacked, so an administrator has turned on some protection.

The forum was not accessible for over an hour before he turned that on.

I am also getting the same message after being unable to access the forums with a "Database Error" message. Was it a DDoS attack on the forums??? (Why????)

Time to start unfounded conspiracy theories. I think it was a bunch of [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]woke inner-city greenies in Brisbane.[/FONT]

Same here.

DOS = denial of service. It's an attack where the web site is bombarded with a flood of requests, usually with malicious intent. The site becomes so overwhelmed that it prevents access to legitimate users or crashes.

I actually didn't know that N3V used a Cloudlfare server.

I'M HAVING A SALE ON TINFOIL HATS!
No really, it's good that at least we are able to use the forums.
I just can't see why a niche game forum has been attacked.....
Graeme

Very damn odd. I had the same problem and then whilst reading this I got signed out and had to sign back in!?! I'd like one of those tin foil hats please. :eek:

I saw a quick flash of the message then came in to see this topic.

DOS attack... I picture a bunch of nerds marching in with floppy discs in hand that say MSDOS 2.11, PCDOS 3.0, IBM DOS 4.0 :)

Why would people attack a trains hobby site?

So I clicked the Cloudflare link

You were visiting a Cloudflare customer’s website, and something went wrong. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. If the problem isn’t resolved in the next few minutes, it’s most likely an issue with the web server you were trying to reach.
Cloudflare protects websites by sitting in front of Internet requests, and we work with website owners and hosting providers to identify underlying problems in their server configuration.

While this outage occurred, was the operation of Trainz cut off ?

I also experienced the forum 'Database Error' outage, and now get the 'checking browser' message. At the time of the Forum outage I checked access to the DLS from CM and it seemed fine.

I'M HAVING A SALE ON TINFOIL HATS!
No really, it's good that at least we are able to use the forums.
I just can't see why a niche game forum has been attacked.....
Graeme

Whoa! I've had the same result.

Also. Google no longer accepts 'auran' on their search field and responds with a Privacy Error.

I can only access our Forum by fully keying in auran.com/home

Something is not right.

Cheers,
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back