TRS19 SP1 Beta 104261 (PC) & 104338 (Mac) now available.

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released a new build for SP1 beta testers available on the "TRS19 Beta" patch stream.

PC Build 104017 to 104261
Update Nov 14: Mac Build 104042 to 104338

Please note these important points when reporting bugs:

1. Include a DETAILED explanation of the problem. ("XYZ isn't working" doesn't help very much at all).
  2. Include asset KUIDs where possible/relevant
  3. Include whether the issue happens in your own route only, or if it also happens in a test route.
  4. We highly recommend trying to recreate the problem in a test route to see if you can narrow down the problem to specific assets or circumstances
  5. Include screenshots of the problem (for help uploading screenshots see here).

Fixes in this update:
Carz and PFX once again move in Surveyor
Game clock now works correctly when running a Quickdrive session
Portal setup data now saving correctly
JR Semaphores (and others) now show correct state in Surveyor
Fixed track is now visible in Surveyor
Camera now repositions correctly in Ctrl-M mini-map view in Driver
Commodity Loads are now visible in Surveyor

These reported items have not been responded to so are not yet addressed:

Superscript bogies are still broken.
>>
Please explain what is broken. Were they working in the previous build.

Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.
>>
Please provide a couple of example KUIDs

nawlins
On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.
>>
Please provide KUIDs

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.
Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.
>>
I'm missing something here - these two sentences sound contradictory. Traffic rolls through/stops? Please explain more.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.
>>
We're unable to repro this. Please check what other variables are required (check on a test map with the same rolling stock, signals

Last edited:
Downloaded, installed without any issues. I ran a DBR to be sure and no issues discovered.

So far it runs everything I have thrown at it very well!

Another step closer.

It works in the editor, but after saving in the driver’s mode it doesn’t work. in 100240 everything worked.
<kuid2:536254:9042017:1> VTL 71-608K 1
<kuid:610762:20062019> VTL 71-608K V2.1

I write down the name of the plate, it works in the editor, but after saving it does not work in the driver's mode and it does not work.

the scoreboard setting is not saved

EDITOR

DRIVER MODE

build 100 240 works this and below Trainz 12, TANE work.
build 104261 does not work this

Last edited:
104261 seems to run well so far. Good to see the game clock glitch resolved in Driver Mode.
Still seeing a disconcerting vertical shift in PoV when switching from external camera views 2 to 4 (or vice versa). Should be the same (initially, at least).
Happy to report that I haven't encountered further CTDs associated with external views and consists breaking the 64MPH barrier lately. :wave:
And most M.I.N. commodities scripted to produce or consume goods/ liquids, etc. appear to be working correctly again.
Progress...

It works in the editor, but after saving in the driver’s mode it doesn’t work. in 100240 everything worked.
<kuid:610762:20062019> VTL 71-608K V2.1

build 104261 does not work this

Try the following in 104261.

1. Create a new route, single flat baseboard only and no scenery
  2. Lay a single stretch of track
  3. Add one tram only
  4. Configure its destination/display board
  5. Save the route and session
  6. Exit Surveyor
  7. Select the route, view sessions, select the session, drive session

What is the result?

>>

Any locomotive that is using superscript with bogey support will show that the script is incompatible with this version of trainz. As far as I remember they have been broken since the release of TRS19. Spawning the locomotive with "Maximize Performance" will turn any livery changing aspect of it to solid white (something else with superscript wrong here) and "Maximize compatibility" will both give the error from the bogie. Here is the exact error:
SBm8Mcn.png

This asset on the DLS has the issue: <kuid2:217537:94:1> TTTE - Percy the Small Engine S1-S5 (TRS19)
I'm fairly certain this bug is due to obsolete functions in the superscript primary script.

Last edited:
>>
Issue verified. Task raised to fix it.

superscript bogies
>>
Task raised to investigate and identify alternatives to that script

Is anyone having issues with Drivers Messages not displaying? The up/down arrow appears but when toggled no text appears. Do a simple "Drive To" via/to a trackmark that is on track the loco has no track or route to reach. Alternately remove a lever/switch on the locos assigned route. The up/down arrow head appears but no text. Drivers notifications is toggled ON in Display Menu.
104261 version

OK - Now it's working fine! I toggled display driver notifications on and off once while looking into this. Shut down the program checked the news etc. re-entered the game and now all's fine. I guess turning it off/on??? I do know it didn't work for a while.

Last edited:
Is anyone having issues with Drivers Messages not displaying
>>
Working fine here when issuing a drive to trackmark on a non-connected track.

Please provide a screenshot. Perhaps try different UI scales in the settings? Does it happen on all routes?

>>

Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.
>>
Please provide a couple of example KUIDs

I submitted these as bug reports with detailed explanations, kuids etc which have been verified so presumably the issues have been identified. The bogies have not worked since TANE. It seems the lamps weren't working because the scripts are paused in surveyor. The correct behaviour is occurring in driver.

We've released a new build for SP1 beta testers available on the "TRS19 Beta" patch stream.

nawlins
On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.
>>
Please provide KUIDs

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.
Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.
>>
I'm missing something here - these two sentences sound contradictory. Traffic rolls through/stops? Please explain more.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.
>>
We're unable to repro this. Please check what other variables are required (check on a test map with the same rolling stock, signals

Hi Tony,

This update has cured the problem with the ATLS crossings. Thanks!

In addition trains are now moving at line speed when in "drive" mode, thanks again!

Cheers

Whilst Tony claims that commodity loads are now visible again in Surveyor, I have no evidence for this for certain commodities, like woodchips and coal, for example, in Build 104261.
Bulk coal piles at industries do not appear and loaded wagons appear empty. (<kuid2:44179:60013:1> Coal).
Gondolas [e.g. <kuid2:124017:5006:8> Mill Gondola, 52', WL&G (5700 series)] loaded with woodchips (<kuid:-3:10002> Woodchips) do NOT show the woodchips and the Hyde Pulp Mill Rebuild (<kuid2:388258:100066:1> Hyde Pulp Mill Rebuild) does not display the commodity where it should in Surveyor Editing mode. They appear as per normal in Driver.

Meanwhile, the General Goods (<kuid:-25:1187> General Goods) at the Hyde Pulp Mill do appear correctly in both Surveyor and Driver modes.
Were these missed out in the fix?

Anyone else?

Last edited:
PC_Ace - well spotted thanks. Did you spot anything that wasn't a builk load that wasn't working?

(Confirmed: Bulk commodities do not appear in Surveyor)

The JVC Billboard SpeedTrees look great in the new build. The only build they didn't look good was 100240.

19beta_5.jpg

19beta_6.jpg

Harold

Animated figures are not working in surveyor with this build (104261) and same with previous (104017).
They do animate in Driver/Quick Drive.
There is no pause/unpause in surveyor.

These are examples of some of them:
kuid:-1:100386 Misc windmill
kuid:524343:6650 DE -german shepherd Animated
kuid2:79097:100056:1 Person 2 Animated Logger
kuid:439337:101261 SAP_n_railman_2
kuid:439337:101257 SAP_n_railman_1
kuid2:661281:96059:1 Birds-Animated
kuid:78193:200012 40m rapids
kuid2:661281:96079:1 Animal-Cow
kuid2:661281:960085:2 Animal-Horse

SAP_worker_12 water spray, kuid:439337:101832, was not working in previous build, but the spray works fine with this current build.

The animations are fine in build 100240.
I have already reported this, but am wondering if it is just myself that is having this problem with the animated figures.

Animated figures are not working in surveyor with this build (104261) and same with previous (104017).
They do animate in Driver/Quick Drive.
There is no pause/unpause in surveyor.

These are examples of some of them:
kuid:-1:100386 Misc windmill
kuid:524343:6650 DE -german shepherd Animated
kuid2:79097:100056:1 Person 2 Animated Logger
kuid:439337:101261 SAP_n_railman_2
kuid:439337:101257 SAP_n_railman_1
kuid2:661281:96059:1 Birds-Animated
kuid:78193:200012 40m rapids
kuid2:661281:96079:1 Animal-Cow
kuid2:661281:960085:2 Animal-Horse

SAP_worker_12 water spray, kuid:439337:101832, was not working in previous build, but the spray works fine with this current build.

The animations are fine in build 100240.
I have already reported this, but am wondering if it is just myself that is having this problem with the animated figures.

Have just tested all of the above kuid's in a clean route in surveyor and all work properly. There is also the pause control in surveyor which is working fine.

Have just tested all of the above kuid's in a clean route in surveyor and all work properly. There is also the pause control in surveyor which is working fine.

Are we talking about the same build (104261)? I just checked several of the animated scenery assets in that list and none of them are animated in 104261 Surveyor (but they are in TANE Surveyor). Does 104261 have a Pause control in Surveyor? I thought that was only for the TRS19 Plus version. I certainly could not find any Pause control.

Back