TRS2019 Pre-caching

robd

Dear N3V,

Why does my installation of TRS2019 launch itself in to a lengthy and tedious pre caching run every time I try to open one of my saved sessions?

It doesn't happen in T:ANE for the same session, it's just as bad and nauseating as the ts12 taddaemon rubbish!

I really thought that progress was the order of things with Trainz as the newer versions came out but, on the contrary, quite obviously not!

Rob.

Dear N3V,

Why does my installation of TRS2019 launch itself in to a lengthy and tedious pre caching run every time I try to open one of my saved sessions?

It doesn't happen in T:ANE for the same session, it's just as bad and nauseating as the ts12 taddaemon rubbish!

I really thought that progress was the order of things with Trainz as the newer versions came out but, on the contrary, quite obviously not!

Rob.

Try this it should help, Developer > Run Trainzutil Command > type prebuild in the box that appears > click OK it should then take a few minutes to cache everything which should hopefully get rid of the pre caching.

Try this it should help, Developer > Run Trainzutil Command > type prebuild in the box that appears > click OK it should then take a few minutes to cache everything which should hopefully get rid of the pre caching.

Thanks but not a menu item in my install of build 100240!

Rob.

How often do I have to repeat this "prebuild", for instance after every installation of a new patch?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Regards
Swordfish

You need to turn on debug first - Launcher > Dev tab > Enable advanced debug tools.

Why would anybody who just wants to 'play the game' even think about enabling the debug tools? To me it's just indicative of the totally unprofessional approach to programming, and, indeed, the customer, by N3V!

Never the less, I'll give it a try.

Rob.

It's only betas that are typically distributed without baked-in pre-caching.
Since it only takes a few minutes to run the prebuild command in Trainzutil for each distro, I usually do this soon after running a new patch for the first time in order to reduce game loading time each time I open up any existing routes or sessions.
Worth doing, as it does save a lot of finger-drumming and impatience, especially on all subsequent runs.

Last edited:
You need to turn on debug first - Launcher > Dev tab > Enable advanced debug tools.
OK, done - thanks.
Thanks but after trying this several times over the past few days the problem persists.

Rob.

Thanks for the tip. It makes an appreciable difference for me. (Build 100240).

It also matters how much you have installed, whatever session you are working with. Bob

Last edited:
Back