Are there any Tablets that will run 2019

A tablet running windows 10 will work but don't hold your breath. Middleton for laptops might be the only layout that will run.

Cheerio John

The reason i ask is just to have something to run 2019 for customers to see at train shows instead of taking my laptop.
Alco_P-A

Look at the GPU, Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 for example has quite reasonable graphics performance. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and you want something with a higher score than a GTX 1050 TI.

Cheerio John

Actually the GTX1050 will work okay. Even my "older" Alienware 15 with its GTX980m works fine with it. You just need to lower the detail settings a bit and drop some of the draw distance down. I never run full everything anyway even with my desktop GTX1080TI so I saw no difference in graphics. The bigger worry is heat. A gaming-quality machine is better suited due to the cooling aspects, even my Alienware gets a bit warm and those fans go full throttle.

The machine runs T:ANE quite well as well and was used intensively in 2016 at a trainshow I attended. The kids loved driving. :)

Actually the GTX1050 will work okay. Even my "older" Alienware 15 with its GTX980m works fine with it. You just need to lower the detail settings a bit and drop some of the draw distance down. I never run full everything anyway even with my desktop GTX1080TI so I saw no difference in graphics. The bigger worry is heat. A gaming-quality machine is better suited due to the cooling aspects, even my Alienware gets a bit warm and those fans go full throttle.

The machine runs T:ANE quite well as well and was used intensively in 2016 at a trainshow I attended. The kids loved driving. :)

I meant the GTX 1050 TI as being something reasonable. A series 4000 intel CPU will run Middleton for laptops in TS19 at 20 odd frames per second but it very much depends on what content you want to use and the content in Middleton was specially designed.

The Intel i5-8279U has the iris plus graphics 655 GPU which benchmarks about the same as a GTX 980m if you can find a tablet that has it.

Cheerio John

The reason i ask is just to have something to run 2019 for customers to see at train shows instead of taking my laptop.
Alco_P-A

You may be better doing a 10 min video showing the features, then have it repeat. If you are at a train show, then a larger screen would be better.

Cheers,
Roy

I meant the GTX 1050 TI as being something reasonable. A series 4000 intel CPU will run Middleton for laptops in TS19 at 20 odd frames per second but it very much depends on what content you want to use and the content in Middleton was specially designed.

The Intel i5-8279U has the iris plus graphics 655 GPU which benchmarks about the same as a GTX 980m if you can find a tablet that has it.

Cheerio John

That makes more sense. :)

I have a DELL XPS-18 with that series 655 chip in it, but it's only an i3 with 4 GB of RAM. I use it for sheet music so I don't have to turn pages. I run E-Stand, XODO, and Music Pad-plus, which are fine for that system. There was once a model available with more RAM (8 GB) and a faster processor, an i5 I think, but the hard disk is still quite small so that puts the kibosh on it there even if the RAM could be upgraded.

You may be better doing a 10 min video showing the features, then have it repeat. If you are at a train show, then a larger screen would be better.

Cheers,
Roy

I did that as well for the route demo I did at the trainshow I attended in 2016. I had Trainz on my laptop as well as the video loop. Video LAN can do that very nicely and for free. There's even a capability to run multiple videos in sequence, which we did using that program. It ran without a hitch and was stopped only when we wanted to run Trainz, and when we shutdown. The kids loved being able to drive. :)

I have a portable DVD player. How would I make a good copy of my layout off of my pc screen?

First create a session that covers what you want to display.

Use Bandicam or Fraps to create the video, then use your pause key between the various stages of your session.

When it's finished go back and edit-out what you don't need. Then save it as a movie or pop it on YouTube.

Good luck.
Roy

Back