Trainz Issues

He is running TS12, not TANE or TRS19, so 8GB of RAM and the Intel integrated graphics should not be a problem. I have managed to run TANE on a machine with less specs (4GB RAM). Admittedly it ran like a wet sponge and I had to turn all the performance settings to their minimums to get a "reasonable" performance but it did run and TANE is far more demanding than TS12.

It's been a while but ISTR TS12 still needed a decent hardware spec to run on and I wouldn't like to have tried it with Intel graphics.

I wouldn't like to have tried it with Intel graphics.

Agreed, not the best option but my previous laptop (may it rest in peace) had 8GB RAM and Intel integrated graphics and TS12 ran very well on it. TANE also ran but not as well. As in my previous post I also had TANE running on a 4GB Intel integrated graphics 2-in-1 desktop machine but it was not a pleasant experience.

Trainz has always tended to run a bit hot. I still remember when TANE was first released and it was pushing GPU temps to 99c in some cases, causing the PC to do an emergency thermal shutdown.

Even sitting here now with TRS19 running in Surveyor, the fans are screaming like a banshee and Speedfan shows the GPU at ~60c with the core temps in the 50c to 55c range.

Optimisation has never been the N3V programmers' strong point.

Good morning,

I can tell you I had HP Integrated GPU and it was horrible in all versions of Trainz, The GPU could not render well, over heated, more often than not. Couldn't get out of wet paper bag fight if it wanted too.....Forgive me, I reliving my Horror with these type setups in Laptops. !!!! :(

I bought a ROG STIX by ASUS with NVIDIA 4 GIG VRAM, and never looked back.....Integrated GPU are bad news for Trainz..........It drove me batty........I also went from Platter HD to SSD drives in new ROG too, you won't believe the difference in boot up, file search and File Backup, as I use Carbonite....Platter Drives are super cheap now, and are great for External Drives where Backup Speed isn't an issue, but Storage is, and now there is a Glut of large Platter Drives for Cheap. And they are reliable too.....;)

Also doubled my RAM from 16 to 32, Mother Board Ram, it made a hell of difference in how Carbonite speed for Backup, and it allows Trainz TRS2019 to work better for me.....Definite improvement with Disk Writes, Ram Access Etc........And for me, I had to wait till last Xmas to buy my new ROG, there are plenty of other Computers, you just need to Shop and Compare.....Of course this Forum is the best Knowledge Base for what really works best in Trainz.....I am very happy with my current ROG STIX laptop, although like any Laptop, I always think the Battery is undersized but that is my thoughts only......:hehe:

Best of luck to you Sir......:wave:

I am having a problem with signals in trainz12. Some months ago everything was fine ( searchlight and safetran C light signals) . Then while I was working on a route they just disappeared. I went online and discovered jointed rail had a new signal mesh v 1.77 that is missing dependencies. I deleted it from my installed items and everything returned to the game except safetran C light signals. I would like to have them back. is there a fix?

There are many different flavours of Intel Integrated Graphics systems just as there are many different flavours of NVidia GForce graphic cards. At the bottom end both will run Trainz (especially TANE) poorly. The mid and upper end Intel Integrated Graphics systems perform much better, particularly with the less demanding TS12.

Please don't use "......." in your writing. I and others use screen readers due to eyesight issues. What we hear is dot dot dot dot dot dot and dot. You are saying things that I want to hear but I avoid posts written like yours.

William

Please don't use "......." in your writing. I and others use screen readers due to eyesight issues. What we hear is dot dot dot dot dot dot and dot. You are saying things that I want to hear but I avoid posts written like yours.

William

The same for asterisk separators in novel chapters. I hear "asterisk asterisk asterisk".

Bill

William and Bill, thanks for the tips. I am one of those that tends to let his postings trail off with the dot dot dot and I am making it a point to stop that after reading your postings. I never stopped to think about how annoying that might be. I do remember once seeing a response to someone's post where the responder said "You might want to check your keyboard, your period key appears to be stuck." I got a chuckle out of that but did not think to stop it myself. Thanks for helping me be more considerate.

William and Bill, thanks for the tips. I am one of those that tends to let his postings trail off with the dot dot dot and I am making it a point to stop that after reading your postings. I never stopped to think about how annoying that might be. I do remember once seeing a response to someone's post where the responder said "You might want to check your keyboard, your period key appears to be stuck." I got a chuckle out of that but did not think to stop it myself. Thanks for helping me be more considerate.

Never thought of that either. It technically should be read as ellipse which it really is and exists as a ligature in typography. Asterisks should be read as section break. These are the little things that need to be worked out.

Back