Inactive features

peeet2005

Hello!
Due to the fact that I am currently testing my new the TRS19 version (build: 104017), I would like to ask you a few things. They are important because I don't have certain functions. I do not know if this is to be the beta version at the moment, or it will be corrected in the next path.
First case the water color adjustment option does not work, the function is inactive. Other color adjustment options do not work too.
Secondly, car traffic in surveyor mode does not work. Cars are on the road but they don't move. Is it supposed to be like this or is it a error.
Third, the matter of a more accurate description of the parameters for inserting additional layout effects. You can of course preview on other ready maps but I would like to know what parameter affects.
The function of removing missing assets works a bit strangely. First, a window appears showing some errors and nothing clears, and only the second time performs the desired action.
The driver's interface has been mixed up so much compared to previous versions that I had to look for a good moment to get there by train. Certain solutions in older versions were not bad, so they were unnecessarily changed, striving for modernity. Especially the UNDO function should be directly on the desktop and not hidden in the menu.

On color adjustments the dial must be lined up with one of the dots on the perimeter. If one of the dots is not green then no color adjustment is available.

Thank you very much for the advice, but I probably would never have thought of it myself. So I will ask if there is a guide somewhere available where all the new "attractions" and changes introduced to TRS19 would be described?
In T:ANE there was a manual attached (although there were not many changes compared to earlier versions), so it would be good if it also appeared here.

There is a detailed Wiki page on the colour adjustments (Environment Tools and settings) available at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Environment_Tools and more information about TRS19 can be found at http://trs19.trainzportal.com/

Car traffic works fine in Driver. I have never noticed if the cars move in Surveyor or not with any version of Trainz - I would not consider that important. On reflection, the moving cars are inserted in Driver mode, they do not appear at all in Surveyor mode and never have. They are a "Run-time" effect.

Not sure what you mean by "parameters" and "layout effects".

Last edited:
Use Ctrl Z for undo and Ctrl Y for redo, Windows Standard pretty much used in all software.

Colour adjustments, you may have to reset in environment settings to get the green blobs to appear. Holding shift down will enable you to rotate all the dials as one.

Traffic is enabled in environmental settings.

On reflection, the moving cars are inserted in Driver mode, they do not appear at all in Surveyor mode and never have.
Carz move in Surveyor and always have. OP is probably referring to static cars which never move in either Surveyor or Driver, or perhaps carz have been disabled in the route environment.

Thank you for that. My memory must be getting bad - either that or too much (or too little) wine.

I meant the terrain effects parameters, those shown in the picture

para.jpg

I meant the terrain effects parameters, those shown in the picture

Those are TurFX (on NVidia cards only) and Clutter Effects. These are new effects and not many of us have mastered them so far (I certainly haven't). There is certainly a need for user friendly documentation on these.

And I found descriptions of all the functions on the page you gave me:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/TRS19
There are parameter descriptions, their ranges and what they affect. It remains only to practice and write examples because it is difficult to remember everything so.
Of course, the new driver interface is also described, which I am very happy about, because it is a completely new matter.

car traffic or any animated content will not work for me in surveyor, but works fine in driver. It can be a pain when placing objects like smoke & fire and animated cranes & etc. I have issued a bug report.

Carz move in Surveyor and always have. OP is probably referring to static cars which never move in either Surveyor or Driver, or perhaps carz have been disabled in the route environment.

car traffic or any animated content will not work for me in surveyor, but works fine in driver. It can be a pain when placing objects like smoke & fire and animated cranes & etc. I have issued a bug report.

In the latest TRS19 since surveyor and driver are so interconnected when you are in surveyor mode the game is automatically paused, and this is why carz, some effects, and animations do not run in surveyor. if you unpause the game they should go as normal.

I Just got and installed the new build #104261 and everything is working great now. Thanks for the help.

Back