BI3 Configuration Quick Start Tutorial

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
For the purposes of this tutorial we are using the new <kuid:439337:105409> SAP_BI3_Fuel and will be working specifically with the coal queue.

To configure the BI3 Fuel track for your session you will need to select the Edit Properties key (?) key in the Surveyor objects tab to open up the configuration menu for the BI3 Fuel track. You will need at least one rail car of the type you intend to load on the session track, such as an open hopper coal car.

Now scroll down to the coal queue and click on the size item as shown in the screenshot below. This will allow you to change the maximum amount of that queue for that item.

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS1.jpg

Now click on the coal image icon and then tonnes entry item as shown in the screenshot below. This will allow you to change the initial amount of that item contained in the queue.

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS2.jpg

Now scroll back up and click on the Tracks tab. Now click on the plus sign icon (+) as shown in the screenshot below and add the coal product.

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS3.jpg

Now click in the mode field to change mode to Load into vehicle as shown in the screenshot below:

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS4.jpg

Now click in the Queue field to add the queue for the coal product as shown below in the screenshot:

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS5.jpg

Now scroll up and click on the Products tab. Now click on the coal icon image as shown in the below screenshot:

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS6.jpg

Now click on the Vehicle field as shown below in the screenshot image to select one of the open hopper cars from the list you will be presented:

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS7.jpg

Now click on the Tonnes entry to change it to items as shown below in the screenshot image:

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS8.jpg

Now scroll all the way down and click the check mark as shown in the screenshot image below and you are done configuring the BI3 Fuel track.

BI3-Quick-Start-Tutorial-SS9.jpg

Notes:

1. The Products tab is optional but allows you to configure the load size to that of the type of rail car you are using.
2. You can repeat this procedure for as many of the BI3 Fuel product queues as you want to use.
3. BI3 Fuel is capable of loading and unloading rail cars depending on how you set up each of the queues you want to use.

Bob

Last edited:
A good tutorial but a search of the DLS for <kuid:439337:105409> SAP_BI3_Fuel came up empty. Is it not yet available? Also a mention of the "Processes" tab might be useful even if it is simply to say that this tab is not needed - people can get confused when an obvious feature is not mentioned.

What is the "footprint area" of these tracks? The one from a MIN New as built-in, is so large that if you try to move a near-by object, the whole track moves instead. (Discussed previously in this forum).

What is the "footprint area" of these tracks? The one from a MIN New as built-in, is so large that if you try to move a near-by object, the whole track moves instead. (Discussed previously in this forum).

About the same size as what you see. The M.I.N. mesh object was huge so I decided to use my own mesh object instead which was based on the one I used for my loaders/unloaders. Much more compact in size.......

Bob

That size difference will make a huge improvement to the utility of the M.I.N. in day-to-day operations. If my testing today works out, I will be making some wholesale changes to the large numbers of Multiple Industry New that I have in my current freight-ops routes.
So, Thank You, Bob!

That size difference will make a huge improvement to the utility of the M.I.N. in day-to-day operations. If my testing today works out, I will be making some wholesale changes to the large numbers of Multiple Industry New that I have in my current freight-ops routes.
So, Thank You, Bob!

I really need to hear from folks such as yourself regarding your test results on this. I can't move ahead with converting all my many BI2 industries to the new BI3 format until I get those results....

Bob

For those of you who would prefer a video instead here is one I created this morning which shows how to configure the BI3 Industry track to load or unload coal:

Sorry there is no audio narration to this video, as my voice has yet to fully recover from my illness.

Notes:

1. In the Queues tab the coal queue size parameter controls the maximum amount that can be stored in that queue.
2. In the Queues tab the coal queue tonnes or Items parameter controls the initial amount that is stored in that queue.
3. To load cars just change the mode for the coal queue in the Tracks tab to Load into vehicle
4. To unload cars just change the mode for the coal queue in the Tracks tab to Unload from vehicle

Back