Not Working

Jayco-man

I just tryed to use Basemapz in 2019 and could not get it to work, so I tried it in Traniz and it works fine, so at least I know it wasent something I was doing. Something must be broke in 2019, running the newest version. :confused:

It would seem that each and every thing worked just fine in TRS 2006, so N3V should revert backwards and find out how they programed TRS2006, as SP1 build 3337 works fabulously, even AI works fantastically.

All these higher, new improved trainz-builds have broken all the trainz workings ... The faster you go ... The behinder you get !

Last edited:
So what's wrong?

You have to replace the images with your own and ensure the images have the same name as the ones in the texture-name.texture.txt file.

Once the image file is updated, you save, submit, and place.

I just tryed to use Basemapz in 2019 and could not get it to work

I could not find "Basemapz" on the DLS but I did find "1km basemap 0" to "1km basemap Z" (36 of them not counting obsolete versions). The one I tested, "basemap 0", loaded perfectly into TRS19 build 104017 without any problems.

Basemapz is a program you have to download and install, dont think its on the DLS. Yes I can move it from Traniz to 2019, but cant set up in 2019. I used the same file in 2019 that I used in Traniz.

So who created this Basemapz software? N3V or a third party? If it was a third party then you should contact the software creator and tell them about the problem.

Obviously the base code has changed in TRS19 from TANE (not a surprise) so that this particular software no longer works with TRS19. N3V provides a set of API "hooks" in TANE/TRS19 for hardware addons such as XBox controllers and Rail Driver, etc but third party software "addons" are clearly not supported. It is not N3Vs responsibility as it is not their product.

So who created this Basemapz software? N3V or a third party? If it was a third party then you should contact the software creator and tell them about the problem.

Obviously the base code has changed in TRS19 from TANE (not a surprise) so that this particular software no longer works with TRS19. N3V provides a set of API "hooks" in TANE/TRS19 for hardware addons such as XBox controllers and Rail Driver, etc but third party software "addons" are clearly not supported. It is not N3Vs responsibility as it is not their product.

Ah, but it is distributed by N3V as part of Trainz Model Railroading 17. The TMR17 manual even contains the instructions to use it. It is really fairly simple to use. You load a image of a model railroad plan into it and then it will either create a route file with the plan image on a large flat plane that you use as a visual guide to place track and other objects. After which you delete the large plane with the plan's image. Or it just creates the large plane object with the image and you add it to your route like any other object. It works in TMR17 and TANE but with the problem of the cursor not being able to precisely select small objects when they are near large objects, it can be very hard to work with.

It is also available directly from the creator's website.

As for the OP, if it works in TANE just save your route as a cdp in TANE and install it in TRS19 before you start working on it. Also be sure that "Process objects behind camera" is checked in the TRS19 Settings>Preformance panel of the Launcher.

William

Last edited:
Basemapz is a program you have to download and install, dont think its on the DLS. Yes I can move it from Traniz to 2019, but cant set up in 2019. I used the same file in 2019 that I used in Traniz.
As William notes above, N3V distributes Basemapz with TM17 and provide an installer for it in the extras folder. After installing you can launch it from the FILE menu in TM17.

I'm not sure what you mean by "but cant set up in 2019". Are you saying that TANE also had a launcher for it in the FILE menu and you are looking for the same thing in TRS19? I don't think that is possible in TRS19 and I don't have a launcher for it in TANE either. I only see that in TM17.

I use it as a stand alone program for all versions of Trainz. It will produce routes and map tiles assets compatible with TS09 thru TRS19. By default the program installs into C:\Program Files (x86)\ModelerMJ\Basemapz\. I created a shortcut I use for launching it from the desktop. You can also start it using the windows key and possible other methods in windows. From that point on it works the same as if launched from within TM17. The image file is set up in its own folder and pointed to from within the program. After the route is created you use CM to import the folder containing the route and map tiles into any version of Trainz since 2009.

I've installed routes created using it into TM17, TANE and TRS19. Version 0.93 (Dec 2016) is available on ModelerMJ site that fixes a bug in original version 0.92: http://dhobh.net/Trainz/Basemapz/basemapz.htm

One other bug you might see is a missing asset <kuid:44179:600014>. Should be the built-in world origin <kuid:44179:60014>. Either delete it or edit the config kuid-table of the generated route to correct it.

Bob Pearson

PS For those not familiar with Basemapz program you can check this forum thread.

Last edited:
Well what I mean is once I do everything in Basemapz, and try to take the folder and drop it in 2019 it does nothing, but take the same folder and drop it in Traniz and it works fine. Thats about all I can tell you, so I know its not what im doing or it would not work in Traniz.

Well what I mean is once I do everything in Basemapz, and try to take the folder and drop it in 2019 it does nothing, but take the same folder and drop it in Traniz and it works fine. Thats about all I can tell you, so I know its not what im doing or it would not work in Traniz.

Load the route into whatever version of Trainz it works with then export as CDP. Then import the CDP into TRS2019

Back