Half a content manager

umphies

Hello all,
When using content manager in trs 2019 I find that only about half of the items are on display..i.e. Only assets starting with A to J. The rest to Z can't be found..This happens every time so it can't be a case of no assets K to Z there anyway..using The old Trainz download station there are plenty of items with all the first letters A to Z but going into CM only the first half appear..I have googled the issue but no results..
Thank you in advance..Cheers.:confused:

Mighty strange as no-one else has reported this.

What happens if you choose the All Content filter and click on the name column header to sort by name? And what happens when you click again to resort?
If you're still missing half the items, please send a screenshot.

If working, then filter on "Installed" and try the same thing.

Sorry , can't seem to get screenshot to work properly but using All Content Filter I get it to start at " 00000 asfalt **** " and the last entry is "Iowa Flag ".

Mine show 504983 items and sorts all the way down to Z and then some non English names. Not sure what sort algorithm is used is in use but I used alphabetical.

You don't say what version of TS19 so I assumed standard TS19 (build 100240). The Trainz Plus beta looks much the same although the asset count is a little larger.

I'd never heard of Springton (SA) although I came from Adelaide (a very long time ago). But I looked it up and figured it must be very pretty out there.

Yes , Mine is build 11240..Using content manager in TANE it works the same as yours . All shown with the non english names..2019 , nope , says there are 504983 items but only half appear in the list with Iowa flag at the bottom....Have tried to include a screenshot in my thread but it spits the dummy and won't save it...
Thank you for your comment about my home town...It's lovely when we have had rain and everything is green but at the moment it is already drying out and going brown...Not so nice during the fire season.. Cheers.:wave:.

Are you running the English version of Trainz? (Set in the launcher)?
To add a screenshot to the forum you need to upload it to a hosting site (google will help you).

Do you mean Launcher / settings / language / english? it is set to that..I have found if I use the search box in the right side of screen and put in , for instance 'vr' I can get as far as 'vr f class ****' Wondering if an uninstall followed by ( of course ) a new install might fix something..

I'd be more inclined to do a database rebuild (Launcher ->Developer Menu -> Rebuild Database) first, just in case there is a corrupted asset that is causing problems.

have done a number of said database rebuilds to no avail..Leave it with me for a while. I'll try a few things..Thank you every one for your suggestions..Dis is a funny vun.:D.

I have a similar issue, only my "All Content" stops at "P". When I search for something, like "Mine" for example, I get entries up to the letter "N" displayed, but nothing beyond. Like you, umphies, I have done numerous Database Rebuilds, both of the Quick and Extended type.
V7GwS9AdvyJ-QrTfUmFA77dTUZXlLZyckImJq9tA_Zwg8cF4LXVFqAZhCYfsOQ4b090e4HefEpVn2OpPoieCxS7lR2w75hsC9z6DJ8lhokQDBTSKrvsOjuLvuY-nceiYSahpnSEdO3pzzrP156PIGufcxURNUwWngrsRKVGPSHImCBXSnfVXc98CLo3aQymU-UooGB_K1d6y2xt6c5GGHXh0vgws4QJ9ZCotFAinyRB7419yJaV2zcCXVggmKO7N1cftuyCt8ZmxnBOX7K7MBwc5YPSprk0N1J_07X5j-pIkbbcFAU3ouNs_j6mLzaeXU4tdheaCDZSb3xA1KCLJKOcgndIPXscJsj23pwJAluDWdLDP5lM2HGYVs_pvlnjhTP2JHU3OPdNDGWl1taiKZ5aNexClReH95nie8ZpM__Ef-zLRC_2Ih85egGn_a9f6VOnAtq3hokjkd19WqRLDXc-2qZeNNz6qMumHe2cFJ4zqMnT4PqgxNDrGrLYfTVAvYE1WKN3RcvXWqIMmNY9gfZ10wZELayhKOX_Tb5ES6mr-2ja9fn4cWI_apzOn6x0Avfr4jyreufyZJ2Z_AdFdWGkFDZCon3GIEBeFJn_5k1mLuQnabY1LtIRSDq6LsK91ZME9MEu8KUw600jZ22IvazKpIMtnxENPq25HGpnOmTxDouWbegPouqFu=w1723-h969-no

Last edited:
Sterrett - Your screenshot isn't working

When you filter on All content what does it say in the bottom left?

e.g. 1 item selected. All 488176 items displayed

umphies here..with ' all content ' selected lower left corner reads 'no items selected all 504137 items displayed '

me again..:).....Just tried selecting ' all content '..then selected the first entry , pressed 'shift ' then selected the last entry ( 'select all' doesn't work but the result is the same ) ..In lower left there was '336092 items selected all 504137 items displayed '
Last entry is 'Pac Nat XR Class'

With All content selected:
1. What happens if you click on the Name column to sort in reverse?
2. What happens if you search for "Winter21"? (in the search field top right)

Can you please provide a screenshot of the results.

With All content selected:
1. What happens if you click on the Name column to sort in reverse?
2. What happens if you search for "Winter21"? (in the search field top right)

Can you please provide a screenshot of the results.

Umphies here again,
Sorry , have been busy lately doing land clearing for fire prevention and have been too tired to do much with the computer when I have finished for the day..:sleep:..Looking last night It seems the problem originally stated has been resolved..Don't know if it was human intervention or something mystical electronically-wise..:eek:..All seems well now..Thank you for all the suggestions as they are all useful in one way or another..
Cheers.:).

The search results are a bit strange in CM at times

Search DLS for ( tree ) sort by name
Starts at ( n0-4-0T Jay street connecting #2 ) down to ( YVRR Canal Street Trestle ) then the next is
( Apple_tree_swing ) down to ( winter_tree_4_15m )

Back