Assets have same KUIDs

Sharadise

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of converting my old Trainz For Mac routes over to TANE, but I have run into a problem:
Sometimes when I import a route into TANE (by dragging the asset from the 'Open for Edit' folder into TANE's content manager window), the KUID is already being used by a different asset I made in TANE!

How can I change the KUID of one of the assets, so I can keep both?
Is there a different way of fixing this?

Many thanks!

If they are your assets change the kuid numbers of both and obsolete the old kuid number in the config of both assets.

Just to add be careful if you have uploaded anything to the DLS! Quickest way is to clone one of them, if it hasn't been uploaded. Make sure you have upload date selected in Manage Content.

Just to add be careful if you have uploaded anything to the DLS! Quickest way is to clone one of them, if it hasn't been uploaded. Make sure you have upload date selected in Manage Content.
That's for the quick response!

How do I go about cloning an asset?
I looked up how to do it online and it said to simply 'Right click the asset > Clone', however I am unable to find a 'Clone' option. Perhaps the info I found was talking about a different version of Trainz (I'm using TANE from the Mac App Store - build 95083, if that helps).

Thank you!

Back