Thread: Do your flatbed trailers and trucks have bulkheads?

United States of America, Oklahoma, Lawton
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Do your flatbed trailers and trucks have bulkheads?

I made some out of splines as shown in pictures below. Now the drivers won't get bad headaches should the loads shift forward into the cab.

For the 45ft flatbed,<kuid2:386914:1007:2> by stealthsteam I used Wood Fence 02,<kuid2:133671:50021:1> by railcentre with 4 spline points set 1.50 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level. The posts are on the side of the partition facing the back of the tractor cab.

For the Truck Mack B61 flatbed 01,<kuid2:68213:29059:3> by dinorius_redundicus I used Fence-3 bar,<kuid2:133671:50010:1> by railcentre with 3 spline points set 0.80 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level.

For the Mack DM600 flatbed,<kuid2:119692:8009020:1> by alien 3 I used Fence-3 bar,<kuid2:133671:50010:1> by railcentre with 3 spline points set 1.40 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level.
    TANE SP2 Build 90945, downloaded Dec. 2017, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK

That is so cool.....Looks very nice and more appropriate.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Trainz is much like physical model RR hobby. Scavenging odds and ends to make things. Black thread for telephone wires, a thread spool to make a spool of cable, a match stick for a sign post, etc.
    TANE SP2 Build 90945, downloaded Dec. 2017, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    One could use wood fence spline to make a stake-side truck out of a flatbed to boot. Is there a way to put stanchions in the boxes of static pickup trucks?

As a matter of fact, I indeed made one of my flatbeds a steak-side with 3-bar fence, a load of iron pipes:
    Last edited by JonMyrlennBailey; November 7th, 2019 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonMyrlennBailey View Post
    steak-side

Any opinions in this post do not reflect those of Jointed Rail

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

If you study most US flatbed trucks they do not have stake side fences, so as to enable easy forklift access, and rely on ratchet strapping to secure the load.

And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.
    TS19, I Like It, I Like It A Lot ! (line from Robocop movie)

Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    (SNIP)...And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.
    I will disagree. I find that the more tedious the build, the more rewarding the end result.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

Blog Entries

If you study most US flatbed trucks they do not have stake side fences, so as to enable easy forklift access, and rely on ratchet strapping to secure the load.

And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.
    The custom body sidings I made are for static trucks only anyway so they will never move in game play. Naturally I would not do this to driveable content.

United Kingdom, Lancashire Merseyside, Liverpool

If you use Pev's Attachment Maker and a bit of work in the config you can have your truck drive on the road with a load and the stake sides etc.

Doug

Depending on the period of the route, the US used to have a lot of
    stakeside
    trucks, and even more in farm & ranch country. In the modern age they have replaced the stakesides with tiedowns and straps, but there was a time..... And even today, if you get out where people still get their own firewood, you will find a lot of
    stakeside
    pickup trucks either headed out to the woods with chainsaws and gas cans and bar oil in the back, or headed back to town with loads of firewood. A full length stakeside pickup fully loaded can get a cord of wood if built right...
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.