Do your flatbed trailers and trucks have bulkheads?

JonMyrlennBailey

I made some out of splines as shown in pictures below. Now the drivers won't get bad headaches should the loads shift forward into the cab.

For the 45ft flatbed,<kuid2:386914:1007:2> by stealthsteam I used Wood Fence 02,<kuid2:133671:50021:1> by railcentre with 4 spline points set 1.50 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level. The posts are on the side of the partition facing the back of the tractor cab.
bfTvpIe.jpg

For the Truck Mack B61 flatbed 01,<kuid2:68213:29059:3> by dinorius_redundicus I used Fence-3 bar,<kuid2:133671:50010:1> by railcentre with 3 spline points set 0.80 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level.
O82sV0K.jpg

For the Mack DM600 flatbed,<kuid2:119692:8009020:1> by alien 3 I used Fence-3 bar,<kuid2:133671:50010:1> by railcentre with 3 spline points set 1.40 meters above ground level assuming the static vehicles sit right at ground level.
dqpDU7e.jpg

That is so cool.....Looks very nice and more appropriate.....

One could use wood fence spline to make a stake-side truck out of a flatbed to boot. Is there a way to put stanchions in the boxes of static pickup trucks?

As a matter of fact, I indeed made one of my flatbeds a steak-side with 3-bar fence, a load of iron pipes:
XDuSmHA.jpg

Last edited:
If you study most US flatbed trucks they do not have stake side fences, so as to enable easy forklift access, and rely on ratchet strapping to secure the load.

And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.

(SNIP)...And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.
I will disagree. I find that the more tedious the build, the more rewarding the end result.

If you study most US flatbed trucks they do not have stake side fences, so as to enable easy forklift access, and rely on ratchet strapping to secure the load.

And when you move your truck in Trainz, the bulkheads and stake sides do not travel along with them, so all this tedious work placement is in vain.

The custom body sidings I made are for static trucks only anyway so they will never move in game play. Naturally I would not do this to driveable content.

If you use Pev's Attachment Maker and a bit of work in the config you can have your truck drive on the road with a load and the stake sides etc.

Doug

Depending on the period of the route, the US used to have a lot of
stakeside
trucks, and even more in farm & ranch country. In the modern age they have replaced the stakesides with tiedowns and straps, but there was a time..... And even today, if you get out where people still get their own firewood, you will find a lot of
stakeside
pickup trucks either headed out to the woods with chainsaws and gas cans and bar oil in the back, or headed back to town with loads of firewood. A full length stakeside pickup fully loaded can get a cord of wood if built right...

Back