minimising?

umphies

Hi all,
I am getting a problem in both TANE and Trainz 2019 where randomly the screen resolution appears to change and the windows task bar appears at the bottom and the menu? bar appears at the top. Don't know how to attach a screenshot or I would do it..Can't find anything useful googling it..:eek:

The first thing to do is check your screen size setting in the Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> General tab in both TANE and TRS19.

Is the Full Screen box ticked and is the screen resolution set to your displays resolution?

Thanks guys,
Changing resolutions helped a bit but it seems the trainz resolution keeps changing to the monitor's ' native resolution ' or it's recommended resolution which looks gross in trainz...i.e. everything looks tall and thin..This happens even if I change the monitors resolution away from the recommended one...If I adjust trainz and monitor resolutions to be the same the images are different dimensions . I also have problems with ordinary games like Syberia and sentinel dropping back to desktop at random times...Will do some checking on my monitor and see if it has a problem..It is fairly old and may need upgrading..It is an AOC 2236.
Thank you again for your suggestions . It all helps in some ways..

Actually sorry to be a pain but to pware I ask what is screen resolution and display resolution mean and how do you set them to be the same?? Ta.:eek:

In Windows 10 right mouse click on the desktop and select Display Settings. You can also get there from the Start Icon (bottom left corner of screen). Select the Settings icon then System and Display Settings should be the first window on the screen. Scroll down (depending on your screen size) to see the Display Resolution value - it will be shown as nnnn x nnnn - it should have "(Recommended)" after the numbers. This is your optimal resolution for your video display. If it does not show "(Recommended)" then scroll down the drop down list to see one that does. Select this value (unless you have a pressing reason not to). Exit the Setting window.

From Trainz Launcher select Trainz Settings. In the General tab tick ON the Full Screen box (if it is set OFF) which allows you to change the screen resolution for Trainz. From the drop down box select the same resolution shown for Windows 10. You can then tick OFF the Full Screen box if you do not want full screen in Trainz (I use OFF when I need to constantly switch between Trainz, Google Earth, Firefox, etc) otherwise leave it ON if you don't want the Trainz Menu bar and the Windows 10 toolbar on the screen. The other setting, Vertical Sync, I leave at Half but others use Full or None. I am never really sure what the differences are and it does depend on what your screen can handle.

Hope this helps.

I have now changed the resolutions as per 'pware's' instructions and so far all is well..Have used surveyor in TANE for about an hour without any problems..Usually only takes about 5-10 minutes to go wrong..Only problem is at that resolution ( 1920 - 1080 ) the words and numbers are tiny and things seem a little squashed up horizontally but perhaps that is because I was used to seeing it in another resolution for so long..
Thank you pware and have a good day..

In the same Win 10 Display Settings page, just above the Screen Resolution, is a setting that lets you change the size of text, apps and other items. Try changing this to a larger value and see if that makes any difference. The bigger the % the larger the text becomes. This setting will be different for each screen display and video card system so I cannot recommend one setting that will work, you may have to try a few values to see if you can get a better result.

Thanks pware I've been looking for the screen resolution every since I got my new computer a month ago. 125% really works well for me.
I can't tell you how happy I am now that I don't have to strain my eyes any more trying to read the small print I was seening with my new 17 inch laptop.

My you have a blessed day for what you have done for me.
Thanks again
Dave

Yes , Thank you from me too..I changed the text size and my eyes are happy and me as well,
Have a great day pware and thank you again..:D

Glad to be of service and thanks for your feedback. Too often you give answers to questions and possible solutions to problems in these forums and never hear back if your suggestion worked or not.

Back