Passenger Train Stops Coal train - 104017

boleyd

Start coal car train and it completes ok

Start again but this time a passenger train is set to start 4 minutes later. When the passenger train starts the coal train stops. I set the time to start at 5 minutes after coal train same thing. Setting to 10 minutes and all worked ok. It is as if the program suddenly finds that a passenger train has priority since it will follow the coal train on the same track. Allowing operation with a 10 minute delay may be the assumption that they should never "see" each other.

Note: TIMECHECK rule may be at fault. Ticket ID #EXD-630-31794 and #DIG-215-23248

Last edited:
Ran a test where the coal train and passenger were widely separated on the system. Followed the coal train. The passenger train was scheduled to move 10 minutes after the coal strain start. All went well following the coal train. Then it became time for the passenger train to activate. The coal train was approaching a green signal. It stopped as if that signal was red. I doubt the signal logic was involved and it was a coincident set of incidents.

Priority was not used, though available, in the routes list of available commands/settings/rules. Attached the train instructions to the ticket.

Tried version 100240 - same route and session. Same event - train stopped as soon as the passenger train became active. No signals near in this case. Reported

Thought that the program was detecting the 3 Comet coaches as a passenger train. So substituted 3 flatbed cars. Same thing happened as soon as the freight train (flatbeds) started the coal train immediately stopped. Reported

Note: two version test used two different databases.

===========================================================
I have run several tests using "conventional" start & wait commands and no problems. Even on a possible collision on train waited until the oncoming train had chosen the passing path before proceeding. The Timecheck rule seems to have an issue.

Last edited:
Back