Northeast US Houses

dej

DL Engineer
Looking for suggestions on good looking houses to use for a Northeastern US Route. Looking for higher quality and good variety, preferably dls. If you have screenshots of your suggestions that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

Looking for suggestions on good looking houses to use for a Northeastern US Route. Looking for higher quality and good variety, preferably dls. If you have screenshots of your suggestions that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

It's been awhile since I looked into houses, but I recall that davesnow had some house that would fit. Also look at tlanders houses.

Scott has them!

Dave made the typical Sears Classic Revival style homes so ubiquitous through out the Northeast. Where I live, there are whole neighborhoods of them, and I even studied piano with a lady who lived in one. George Fisher (gfisher) made some of the Sears kit homes as well such as their Dutch Colonial style and Cape Cod style homes.

Also don't neglect the NZ-Houses found both on the DLS as well as built-in. These are bit like those cottage homes found along lakes and beaches, and in the very rural areas such as the Appalachias. They look a lot like some of the kit homes sold during the early 1900s to 1930s by Brooks Skinner, American Homes and Gardens, Sears, and others during that period.

TLanders' houses are mostly brick, and his little Victorian style row houses are great for towns. I mix and match these along with Dave Snow's houses as well as the others mentioned. TLanders also made some modern-style homes as well. By modern I mean 1950s to 1970s ranch style homes, which are so common today. During my travels on a back road once, I came across a real house that looked like one of these houses right down to the placement of the picture window and the concrete steps.

Not to be forgotten also look at Clam1952s CL-Houses and CL-Cottages. They're a bit like our Colonial homes and fit in well in the Pennsylvania, Delaware, western New Jersey area where the Welsh settled in the 1800s to work the coal mines. His houses vary from simple paint to some nice slate and stone models. The slate and stone look like those found in and around the Lehigh Valley Gorge, in places such as Jim Thorpe, Lansford, McAdoo, Hazelton, Tamaqua, Scranton, Wilkes Barre, and other mining areas.

Also check out TUME's houses. Kinda plain looking but a wide variety, AND they sit nicely on sloped lots.

Also check out TUME's houses. Kinda plain looking but a wide variety, AND they sit nicely on sloped lots.

Yes. I use those as beach houses because of that. They in fact look a lot like the newer structures, not the McMansions, but a lot of the others I've seen out on Plum Island.

There's also some of the structures by RRSignal also. Great generic modern Colonial-style houses that fit in anywhere. He also made some Pennsylvanian row houses as well that work well for PA, DE, and western NJ area.

Thanks Everyone, I'll be checking them out soon. Keep the suggestions coming if you have more.

Back