RSVC vegetation control car

Gary_Evans

Still plays with Trainz
I recently purchased the vegetation control train during the Halloween sale.
The train downloaded and installed but I can' t get the spray arms to work.
Any suggestions? I hope I didn't purchase a spooky version.

there is a bug in it - from what I can remember and see in the config - the sprayshould come on at a set speed =
there is no animated spary bars. they do not move = spray is meant to come out of the back of the car using the same method as steam from a steam loco

looks good when it works

i stole a the same idea for my own weed sprayer -

you have found a bug I think

I recently purchased the vegetation control train during the Halloween sale.
The train downloaded and installed but I can' t get the spray arms to work.
Any suggestions? I hope I didn't purchase a spooky version.

Last edited:
I assume you are referring to the RVSX set?

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Ctrl right click :D

TANE above, TRS19 below

:D

Last edited:
Huh, I'm not seeing it in TRS19 b100240. I just did some fairly thorough testing on UMR2019, turning the various sprayers on and off, swinging the arms in and out, took the consist up to 12mph and down to 0. Spray was normal under all situations. Session had a couple of dozen locomotives and lots of rolling stock.

Got me stumped. :confused:

Last edited:
There is no bug, at least not at my end. I was trying to create an AI session and must have screwed up somewhere.
When I used ctrl/Rmouse/view details I got the lights, spray arms and spray. Thanks normhart

I must have blocked spray nozzels :)

Hi NSWGR_46class
Could you please check if the 'Enable PhysX Simulation' option is ticked in the Trainz Settings?

The screenshot you provided earlier appears to show all of the particle effects pushed off to one side; this is a possible outcome with PhysX enabled if the surrounding scenery objects have collision meshes that are not configured correctly (ie making a giant 'tent' that the traincar is falling partially or entirely within, this results in the PFX being pushed to a spot outside, generally the closest from memory).

Regards

Back