TRS19 surveyor or driver mode

Hi all,

I've been wondering I have a route I use in TRS19 which needs constant updating in surveyor but I want to drive in driver at the same time and was wondering I saw a while back that TRS19 was going to update to are you in surveyor or driver and was wondering how that's going as I'm sick of going back and forth between them!

Thanks

Hello, you can pretty much track by watching the Trainz Plus beta forum.... and note Tony's stickies at the top...

Hello, you can pretty much track by watching the Trainz Plus beta forum.... and note Tony's stickies at the top...

I don't use these forums all that often. So may I ask what do I search up? Or do you know what the go is with the surveyor/driver feature in TRS19?

Hi all,

I've been wondering I have a route I use in TRS19 which needs constant updating in surveyor but I want to drive in driver at the same time and was wondering I saw a while back that TRS19 was going to update to are you in surveyor or driver and was wondering how that's going as I'm sick of going back and forth between them!

Thanks

To answer your question, that will be a subscription ONLY feature of SP1 for TRS2019. Meaning it will cost you roughly $8 per month or more to use it. It may or may not be a feature of the next retail release of TRS202x.

William

To answer your question, that will be a subscription ONLY feature of SP1 for TRS2019. Meaning it will cost you roughly $8 per month or more to use it. It may or may not be a feature of the next retail release of TRS202x.

William

Incorrect William it's not a subscription feature for SP1. The feature will eventually make it into TRS2019, but right now is available only in the testing version of TRS2019, aka Trainz-Plus which is $8 per month more. At this point in time, it's still buggy and needs a bit of refinement before it's available for prime time.

I agree that it is buggy and I'm shocked that N3V would include it in the service pack.

Why are you shocked? It is a beta of the service pack and how else are they going to test this new feature?

I currently have the TRS19 SP1 beta, the non-Plus version, and the Driver/Surveyor combined edit feature is disabled in my SP1 beta but it is enabled in the TRS19 Plus SP1 beta for those who have opted to pay the $8 (US) per month. From what I understand, the SP1 final retail release will include the code for the "Edit Driver" option that will only be active in those TRS19 installs that have it. From a distribution point of view, this makes perfect sense - one SP1 package ("One Ring To Rule Them All") and not multiple different SP1 versions -but it is an added complexity that would have to be beta tested to death.

On another note, I am curious about the Restart Rule feature that appears in the Session Editor when editing saved Driver Games. I fully understand its purpose (to reset a completed session rule in the edited Driver Game to its initial condition) but I am puzzled as to how this will work with rules that control variables.

To give an example - the Variable Modify Rule which can add or subtract a value from that stored in a variable (e.g. add 2 to the value stored in a user created variable). To reset this rule the code will need to remember what value was stored in the variable before the rule was executed. The code wizards at N3V, I am sure, would have already considered this but as a session creator who often makes use of variables I would just like to be reassured.

Back