Session Goes Into Loop

boleyd

After 56 minutes of running the session went into a loop. As the train approached a drawbridge (which was down) it stopped and moved backward then forward, stopped and repeated the process forever. The train had successfully crossed that bridge 30 minutes prior.

On the same session the train stopped at a signal for no obvious reason and sat there for a minute and then resumed the route. There was NO reason for stopping since it was the only active train on the entire route. A railroad stop sign.

Also, another event on the route (different session time) the train, after 15 minutes of running and successfully passing signals, came to a signal that was red for no reason. Again the only train on the route. This one totally shutdown the session. It repeated on two more attempts. I removed the gantry signal and installed a Safetran ground mounted signal. Now it worked ok. This same signal was a problem in the non-beta version.

So, I went to the problem reporting area. Once again I could not find a way to make a report. I was offered the Wiki, a search box, and this forum but no form to make a report. I have successfully made reports but also had this same experience before. After sitting here for an hour watching a route being run I was in no mood to try to find the evasive process to make a report.

Granted, this is a BETA, but very similar issues occurred in the 100240 edition. Ticketing is allegedly non-beta. Windows is up-to-date. I can run a live TV window while also running TRSxx so it is not CPU/memory resource issues. The flight simulator runs ok, etc..

Why use the Beta if problems occur? Well similar issues happened in the previous working version so I thought that they may have been remedied in the beta. The product has become very pretty. Pretty sells.

The base is the MGSAPPER New England Coastal route that I have highly modified for TRS19 and for my own purposes. So the relationship to the original is not high.

I have run that route/session AFTER I eliminated the Whistle Post mentioned in a previous post. The train transited the bridge ok. Just running the code for the item may have left a setting it did not intend to do but occurred after N3V software changes.

Last edited:
Trainz Bug Report

Granted, this is a BETA, but very similar issues occurred in the 100240 edition
>>
Then it is probably nothing to do with it being a beta.

This same signal was a problem in the non-beta version
>>
Signals are run by scripts. There are 1,000 different types, some better than others. Find ones that work and stick with them.

I suggest the way forward is to narrow down things around your "stuck" areas and work out what set of circumstances are required for it to get "stuck". There will be a pattern.

If you can find that, then submit your route and session (you can upload the content to dropbox etc and submit the link) and include detailed instructions and QA will take a look and work out what has changed, what needs to change.

Back