Is this email from nv3 real?

kmver

At the bottom they want you to click on it "YEP, I'M STILL ALIVE"

Hi kmver

You probably just received a very strange email from "Drip". We hope it didn't scare the living daylights out of you.

We'd like to let you know there's no need to panic, it was our mistake.

Our brand new "Drip" customer management software system is really powerful. It can, for example, recognise who hasn't yet received our "Welcome to Trainz" email .

Unfortunately, our "Welcome to Trainz" email wasn't ready for prime time, and the automation process took off like a runaway loco without a driver or brakes, sending the test out to a few thousand of our closest and dearest community members (that would be you)!

So now you're receiving this hastily put together email to explain what happened and hopefully put your mind at ease.

If you're reading this, please click the button to let us know you're still alive, and, well, so we don't send out a search party.

:)

YEP, I'M STILL ALIVE

Got the same email. Was thinking 'no way I'm clicking on that link'.

NV3 please respond (quickly). Is this for real?

EDIT. It looks really sus. I suggest you don't click on the link until NV3 post here.

Last edited:
Well i got the email but i am feeling left out as there was no link 'I'm still alive' what does that suggest :D....

I got the first one from "drip" then about 45 min later a 2nd one with the "OOPs message as per the OP. I tried clicking the button and when it didn't work sent a reply that the button wasn't working either. Their reply "Another oops - must be Halloween gremlins :) "

Who knows what will appear next????

Yes I thought it all very strange. If the 'Welcome to Trainz' e.mail was in response to my original purchase of TS2009 I think they might have left it a little late.

It's very easy with commercial email systems (Mail Chimp and such) to make mistakes such as this. One wrong click and you have a wrong template. One wrong click and instead of setting a time and date to go out the email goes out when you hit the wrong button and you can't get it back. Likely, the people creating and sending the email are web people who grab a template and start designing then "park" it until they get the copy (text) for the ad. In short... it's easy to mess up and accidentally send an email that is completely wrong template, non working links, etc etc etc.

The follow up email should have explained the issue.

Basically new system. everyone (even if you signed up in week 1) was deemed to be "new".

Next, the trigger to send the emails wasn't meant to be live, but rather in "test" (and for many, horribly formatted to boot).

End result, thousands of weird emails turning up.

Life goes on, Trainz continues, so let's all move on :)

Life goes on, Trainz continues, so let's all move on :)

The follow up mail compounded the issue. These days it pays to be a cautious user. Some sort of more responsive post here on the forums other than 'lets move on' would have been appropriate.

Last edited:
RE -- "YEP, I'M STILL ALIVE"

Nope sorry got into other things but may come back if some thing is interesting me from Trainz :)

That was weird....

Whatever, If you hover the cursor over the link or in this case button you can check where it's going to before clicking it, in this case nowhere.

Back