Confusion and Annoyance

bnsfc

Steam Nut
So I recently decided to retry my hand at route building and am starting small by extending the branch line on Scratchy's wonderful coal county route. While things have been going mostly well on the extension (I may have to ask a few other questions on that in the future) the base route seems to be having a nervous breakdown. A few bridges have decided to rotate 30 degrees when I've not even been in that area while working, others seem to have had there lods messed up (though I'm tempted to blame TANE for that as its happened before when I'm only making sessions, not editing the route) and finally......this, anomaly, showed up.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1903653576

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1903653552

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1903653533

Apologies for using links instead of the images as I'm not used to trying to get images to show in the forum, hope they work. :)

To even see the great tree and the, other thing, you have to position the camera in just the right spot. The only reason I knew of them at all is while in the area the lighting is like your underground. I've tried to use the get item tool to find both the tree and the unidentified object but to no avail, all I get are the little billboard trees under it. This is in TANE Build 94812, incase its useful.

Any help in Identifying what went wrong and helping me fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like corruption somewhere. Possibly to do with layers, possibly a local issue, possibly a code issue.

I'd suggest saving a new session to see if that helps, or possibly starting again.

We're aiming to release an update to that build "soon' (in fairness, we've been saying that for too long already). That may resolve the problem.

It's rather hard to tel from those shots, but is it not raised ground? Admittedly I've only had that at edges where I've merged 2 routes and one has had the height adjusted (before merging) and for some reason some edges (not even near the joint) just shoot up 1000 metres! If it's a layer issue, check for an extra layer and merge down into the session or route layer? Pure guess work here.

It's rather hard to tel from those shots, but is it not raised ground? Admittedly I've only had that at edges where I've merged 2 routes and one has had the height adjusted (before merging) and for some reason some edges (not even near the joint) just shoot up 1000 metres! If it's a layer issue, check for an extra layer and merge down into the session or route layer? Pure guess work here.

Its not the terrain, the route under the pizza slice of doom is fine, its just very dark. Its almost like a building is there making a shadow, but I cant see said building. The tree is just sort of annoying.

Mr Tony I will try to save a session or mess with layers but if that fails I will probably just give up on this project. I don't really feel like starting over while I'm putting the final touch's on the extension because a bug in the game said "nice route, shame if something happened to it"

Did you try the get assets tool to see if it is an asset? Try this with both the splines as well as scenery assets.

This could be a corrupted mesh that's causing the asset to do weird things like this.

Last edited:
Did you try the get assets tool to see if it is an asset? Try this with both the splines as well as scenery assets.

I did try this yes but got nothing.

At any rate the issue seems to have cleared after a few "save as" renames and reloads. still don't know what it was.

alens.jpg

I have not had that issue in 2017, but had it constantly in 2017. Exiting the program completely and then going back in almost always made it disappear.

I suspect its maybe the database doing something in the background that causes these occasional weird happenings.

I have one that happens after every TRS19 patch and I always do a proper database repair after patching, in that the track ballast which is brown changes to grey, exit shut down TRS19 and restart and it's back to brown.......

Another one again after patching is if you open a route direct from Manage Content you get a deep blue nothingness, open in game it's fine, try again from Manage content and its fine again. Go figure, I can't!

I suspect its maybe the database doing something in the background that causes these occasional weird happenings.

I have one that happens after every TRS19 patch and I always do a proper database repair after patching, in that the track ballast which is brown changes to grey, exit shut down TRS19 and restart and it's back to brown.......

Another one again after patching is if you open a route direct from Manage Content you get a deep blue nothingness, open in game it's fine, try again from Manage content and its fine again. Go figure, I can't!

I've had that issue as well in both instances. I wonder if this has something to do with caching content and the cache being flushed and reset.

I'm going to call this a "reactivation" of the thread because its the same route, and it would be the same title.

Little farther down the branch, having other troubles with base boards, both existing and, not? This happened twice now, first time it was just some mainline so I just replaced the boards, and it was fixed, now its affecting a yard I spent more time than I care to admit on and don't want to have to restart. Its also apparently becoming a thing so I figured id bring it up.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921219766

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921219742

Again, sorry for posting the picture's this way, but its easy.

This appears after I load up the route to work on it after saving some time earlier. It takes a veeery long time to load into the save, as in several minutes. For comparison most routes load in seconds on my comp.

If I try to modify the terrain that's, "missing" it comes back but wont show any change's, as in it all looks like what it did before this bug. but I can move the camera around on it and place objects on it.

It is permanent, as in reloading doesn't make it go away.

Build is 94812

Again any help would be appreciated, though I must say this is getting tiresome having to get to the bottom of 2 bugs in extending a line a few miles. :/

Just a thought: I haven't done any route building since 12, but have spent time building sessions on others' routes in T:ANE and have found SP1-3 buggy as a Minnesota lake in the summer.

I've had a much better time since updating on the beta channel to 102323. Surveyor is better behaved nearly all the time and assets and rules do pretty much what they're supposed to.

You can give it a try by creating a separate T:ANE installation and updating it. Follow the instructions for moving your data into the new install.

Good luck,

:B~)

I've solved that by getting the texture and painting. Even though your baseboards are "blank" this is really a texture.

Get the texture in the textures tool.

Make a small circle

Paint it.

Suddenly, the baseboard will appear.

Back