Decouple Command Greyed-Out Can't Select V-104017

boleyd

I can't select the decouple command while in session mode. As soon as the mouse touches it the color becomes grey and it will not select. Uncouple is OK.
All other command are ok.Hints??

Last edited:
Believe it or not this is normal behaviour (according to N3V QA when I reported this as a bug some months ago). The Decouple command cannot be used in the Driver Setup Rule in Surveyor as part of a Driver Command Schedule or sequence of commands. You can use in Driver Mode if you enter the command directly into driver command bar as the next instruction to execute.

There are alternative commands that can be used.

For an explanation of WHY and the alternatives, see http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Driver_Commands_List#Decouple

In short the Decouple driver command uses the actual name of the wagon to be decoupled while the alternative commands count the wagons and decouple at the specified wagon number. This creates a problem if the consist has already undergone one or more decoupling/coupling operations and the actual contents of the consist (i.e. the identities of the wagons) has changed.

N3V QA were quite upfront about the problem. If they update the command to use the wagon number and not the name it breaks older Sessions that use the original Decouple command, and there are plenty of alternatives already on the DLS.

Last edited:
Back