Classic Carbon City Route not installing into TRS2019

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I decided to pick up the Classic Carbon City route due to it being on sale. However, it will not install into Trainz 2019, no matter how many times I've selected 'Download Purchased Items' in the Launcher. I've tried registering the serial number included in the E-Mail confirming my purchase and it says that the serial number is either invalid or already registered. Can I get some help figuring this out?

Wait, what? 2012 routes won't install in 2019? How many postings have I seen here of people cleaning their routes up in 2012 so they could put them into 2019. Am I missing something? Added note: I guess he could put it into 2012, clean it up and move it to 2019? :eek:

Last edited:
He can if the route and all the dependencies can be opened for edit in TS12. The route was a .ja file so it may not allow editing. Cleaning up all the missing textures would be a big job.

William

It does open for edit in TS12. But none of the assets will have the images it will need when imported into TRS19. You would have to use Pev's tools to recreate the images from the .texture files.

William

Wait, what? 2012 routes won't install in 2019? How many postings have I seen here of people cleaning their routes up in 2012 so they could put them into 2019. Am I missing something? Added note: I guess he could put it into 2012, clean it up and move it to 2019? :eek:

Transferring DLC is not the same as transferring DLS routes as said it was originally JA files, the TS12 version may be digital download for the latest version of TS12 and may be locked, either would need every asset opening for edit and at least convert all the .texture files to tga and texture.txt, then save to cdps and import to TRS19, update any assets that have newer versions, then spend yet more time fixing the numerous errors there might be. Not impossible if you have the time and patience.

I brought in the TRS2009 version into T:ANE. The process went okay and went well with a batch setup for PEV's Images2TGA tool. Unfortunately it looked dated in T:ANE, but that's the way it goes sometimes with older stuff.

Back