Inappropriate Add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayco-man

Just got the sale add today, and as a Christian found it a little inappropriate. I know you all live down under, but dont think you want to be the far under. Would not buy anything or have anything to do with the number 666. Just my opinion. Have a blessed day. :confused:

Just got the sale add today, and as a Christian found it a little inappropriate. I know you all live down under, but dont think you want to be the far under. Would not buy anything or have anything to do with the number 666. Just my opinion. Have a blessed day. :confused:

As a grateful recipient of the Judeo-Christian tradition, I found your post a little inappropriate. Wot next, the inquisition; some witchfinders? :)

Lataxe

Dude it's Devil's Night & Halloween, & just a sale discount. I'd love to live in a world where my biggest problem is that a small software developer from Australia offered a 66.6% off sale. At the moment I'm worried about failing my class, getting a bad review at work, having my pickles come out bad, and my car breaking more (among other things...)

Celebrating Halloween was a complete unknown here until it started to worm its unwelcome way in. Yet another foreign import from a tradition completely different to our own that I really don't like at all. As for the sale it's a complete non event since I purchased all I want in the way of DLC long ago.

I enjoy seeing the children dress up and the ideas they/parents come up with for the theme. Gosh, if folk generally cannot enjoy the occassion or in this case have fun with an advert because it may "offend" someone the world will continue to slide down the slippery slide of being "unfun" (is that even a word).

Some say the Devil's number is not 666 but 616: https://knowledgenuts.com/2013/08/12/the-devils-number-is-not-666/

If this is so then the discount should be 61.6% which is less - not that I will be buying anyway!

I agree with KotangaGirl re the infiltration of the very US American Halloween and Pumpkin trivialisation, including the rather puerile greeting of 'Happy Halloween', of the true meaning of All Hallows Eve: https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/halloween_1.shtml

Rob.

Last edited:
Gosh, if folk generally cannot enjoy the occassion or in this case have fun with an advert because it may "offend" someone the world will continue to slide down the slippery slide of being "unfun" (is that even a word).

My thoughts exactly. Name anything fun that exists, and someone will find a reason to get worked up over it.

Why must people waste their time and energy this way? The world will never know :confused:

Last edited:
Stay inside, lock the all the doors and windows, turn out all the lights, and whatever you do.... don't answer the door for the next 48 hours!

I apologize for any offence caused. Marketing simply takes a theme and works out something appropriate for that them (and perhaps not appropriate for some people). Will close this thread now as not much can be gained by keeping it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back