TRS19 SP1 Beta Update 104017 (PC) and 104042 (Mac)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've released updates for TRS19 SP1 Beta that addresses a number of issues identified in the previous beta.

Here is a list of available patches:

ProductPatch StreamFromToPatch available
Trainz Plus Live PCTrainz Plus Beta103369103443Yes
Trainz Plus Beta PCTrainz Plus Beta103443104016Yes
Trainz Plus Live MacTrainz Plus Beta103368104021No*
TRS19 Live PCTRS19 Beta100240103369Yes
TRS19 Live MacTRS19 Beta100331104042Yes
TRS19 SP1 Beta PCTRS19 Beta103369104017Yes
* Trainz Plus Mac update will be available in the next round of testing.

SP1 Changelist:

• FPS no longer capped at 60 in Vsync = none (None option not recommended)
  • Crash no longer occurs at 64mph
  • Game no longer hangs when loading 'Sessions' menu with language set to Russian
  • Game no longer pauses when opening in Surveyor (and no option to pause in Surveyor)
  • Signals now update correctly when in Surveyor
  • Driver Setup rule will now populate correctly
  • Improvements to track render track updates
  • Saved games now store/remember track profile settings
  • Crossing animations no longer slowly drift toward their internally set state
  • -\+ keys now switch internal camera view from car to car
  • Ctrl -/+ now moves to next train
  • Updates to script loading to ensure rules are triggered correctly
  • Premium filter now shows owned/not owned items correctly
  • Camera now correctly positioned when loading Saved Sessions
  • Central Portal Command rule now setting properties correctly
  • Saved games now create valid tags
  • Fixed Sebino Lake CTD when exiting surveyor
  • Capture screenshot menu option now working in Driver
  • Train spotlight now updates if the train is moved while the game is paused
  • Headlight state can now be updated while paused
  • Updates to Cinematic Camera Rule
  • Tool tabs now all available editing Saved Session.
  • Several crash fixes when exiting surveyor
Failed QA

Last edited:
My mistake
-or- as they say on the street "My Bad" possibly with a "dude" tacked on.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Perhaps some confusion over build numbers here. I have got build 104017 and I am NOT on Trainz Plus, just plain TRS19 SP1.

104016 just happened to coincide with my wanting to install some of my payware into my Plus Beta install. In 104016 my "Content Store" downloads of payware packages FAIL with "Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages......" I have tried four different items several times and results are the same... failure...

Edit: Previous "Content Store" version worked fine. My "Asset Downloader" in 100240 works fine (ie: I have no internet connection issues)

Last edited:
Hmmm. Perhaps some confusion over build numbers here. I have got build 104017 and I am NOT on Trainz Plus, just plain TRS19 SP1.

That’s correct (where does it say otherwise?)

104017 is SP1 beta (and if you have Trainz Plus memberships that same build will show the extra features).

104016 is the next Trainz Plus Beta update. It isn’t available to non Trainz Plus users.

That’s correct (where does it say otherwise?)

104017 is SP1 beta (and if you have Trainz Plus memberships that same build will show the extra features).

104016 is the next Trainz Plus Beta update. It isn’t available to non Trainz Plus users.

There seems to be some confusion in the other beta announcement thread at https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Plus-Beta-Update-104017-(PC)-and-104021-(Mac) where the thread title does not match the beta stream name (same problem with this thread title).

In build 104016 we now have highlighted items with blank type on blue. Really hard to read. In build 103369 we had white type on blue for highlighted items, much easier to read.

I have noticed a suttle change in build 104016 compared to build 103369 regarding the time required to process commands when running AI controlled trains.

I have a route which has a track mark that trains run too and then the next command is to get a list of commands from the schedule library. The very first instruction in this series from the schedule library is to navigate to a station and load. This sequence of commands worked OK in build 103369 but when I ran the same route in build 104016 the train did not stop at the station as expected but kept going.

The fix was to move the track mark further away from the station so that when the library commands open up there is more distance for the train to run before it arrives at the station. It now stops as expected.

So it would appear that more time is needed to process the information while running AI controlled trains in build 104016. Maybe something else is going on here.

In build 104016 we now have highlighted items with blank type on blue. Really hard to read. In build 103369 we had white type on blue for highlighted items, much easier to read.

I confirm: in CM selected assets are now displayed black on a dark blue background.

104016 just happened to coincide with my wanting to install some of my payware into my Plus Beta install. In 104016 my "Content Store" downloads of payware packages FAIL with "Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages......" I have tried four different items several times and results are the same... failure...

Edit: Previous "Content Store" version worked fine. "Asset Downloader" in 100240 works fine (ie: I have no internet/connecton issues)

- Anyone? This should be easy to verify or not..... N3V?

Just installed latest patch 103369 -> 104017.

On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.

Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.

I've tried everything I can think of. Content rebuild, reboot my PC, Re-saved each bit of each crossing. Still no luck.

I should not have to do this after a patch install. Very disappointing.

Superscript bogies are still broken. Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.

paul_bert - can you narrow down the variables. Please check the station asset on it's own, check with different locos, and provide us with KUIDs to check what is happening differently.

edh6 -
Superscript bogies are still broken.
>>
Please explain what is broken. Were they working in the previous build.

Also superscript lamps have now stopped working since the last beta.
>>
Please provide a couple of example KUIDs

nawlins
On my test route there are three level crossings and a road traffic intersection with a controlling traffic signal.
>>
Please provide KUIDs

In 103369 all worked fine. now non of them work. gates open and close but traffic merrily rolls on through anyway.
Road traffic stops in all directions and stays stopped even though the signal cycles.
>>
I'm missing something here - these two sentences sound contradictory. Traffic rolls through/stops? Please explain more.

In addition putting a train into AI mode and selecting "drive" causes the train to move at 6 mph, no matter the allowable track speed.
>>
We're unable to repro this. Please check what other variables are required (check on a test map with the same rolling stock, signals

I should not have to do this after a patch install. Very disappointing.
>>
There are 500,000 items we need to check, and infinite combinations of using those items. Unfortunately the best way to find out problems is through external beat testing. Rather than being disappointed, think of it as contributing to the community.

The alternative is no more updates ever (or of course you can skip the beta testing phase and hope someone else finds the issue and reports it, otherwise you'll find the problem in the official release.

Back